About Me

My photo
California, United States
Hi! Thanks for visiting ^_^ My social media platforms: Instagram: meowmier Youtube: http://goo.gl/U5SnNM (formerly under the username francesvlogs but I don't have access to that anymore). I don't really do videos anymore simply because I think blog posts are more informative. Hope you enjoyed your time here! :)

Friday, February 1, 2013

What's popular in Taiwan-- a whole new double eyelid tape concept!

Hi guys!

Happy Friday! I Can't believe it's February O_o I only posted twice in January!!!! Gahhh!!! Need to show more love on my own blog yo O_O

Before I start, just want to make it clear that I DON'T OWN ANY OF THESE IMAGES. These pictures are taken from a Taiwanese blogger-- ♥ 小季的變漂亮Blog ♥ . For those who are able to read Chinese, feel free to check out her blog ^_^

So I was reading her blog the other day and was very intrigued... it's like a whole new concept of double eyelid tape O_O+

You can read the full post here:
Source: http://www.wretch.cc/blog/lovelyhebe/24164011
Source: http://www.wretch.cc/blog/lovelyhebe/24164011
Source: http://www.wretch.cc/blog/lovelyhebe/24164011
o1698234503_zps3715523b
Left is before the eyelid tape, right is after (although she wasn't talking about the eyelid tape in this particular pic... she was talking about her Botox/face lift experience that made her face shape become more V-lined and lifted).


So anyway, although 小季 (author of the blog) already has pretty nice natural lids, she was saying her eyelids have started to droop a tiny bit due to age (!!! ... makes me kind of worried about my own... I have a lot less eyelid space than her orz...) and whenever she wears false lashes, her eyelids get overwhelmed by the lashes and becomes virtually invisible (which... I completely disagree XD but you know everyone has their own standards). So even though she already has double eyelid fold, she likes to apply tape to make her lid space wider.

Guys-- check out this whole new generation (? lol! might be exaggerating a bit here haha) of eyelid tape!!
o1711108977_zpsc9cfbdfc
It's basically a flesh-colored mesh of net... pretty cool huh??? It comes with a glue (you actually have to apply the glue to the mesh before you apply it to your eyelid).

I have no idea where to purchase this by the way. As far as I know, it's called 撥撥小姐超隱形雙眼皮貼 and it's a Taiwanese brand.
****Update: I've now spotted this at Sasa in Taiwan! But I don't see it on the actual Sasa website... so I don't know O_O I didn't purchase it cuz I really don't need it lol
o1711108994_zpsa4aecea0

o1711108996_zps7b0f30e0

o1711108979_zps1c071c9a
With this eyelid tape, you apply it over your makeup.

o1711108982_zps11a8f5d4
She likes to touch up on the eyeliner after applying the mesh.

o1711108983_zps1429b21d
Looks pretty natural huh? I think the advantage of this tape is that when you look down, you wouldn't see an obvious line where traditional double-sided eyelid tapes glue your lids together, or the traditional tapes that have the plastic, reflective quality that is very obvious to spot. Not to mention when you apply the tape over your makeup it's more natural-- most traditional eyelid tapes limit/ruin the wear of eye makeup.

o1711108987_zpsc1bcf19b

o1711108993_zpsd2d4a48a
This is after she trimmed and adjusted the tape for her own eye shape. Looks even more natural (and yes she was aware one of her false lashes was sticking out lol).

You can read the full post here:
Source: http://www.wretch.cc/blog/lovelyhebe/24164011
Source: http://www.wretch.cc/blog/lovelyhebe/24164011
Source: http://www.wretch.cc/blog/lovelyhebe/24164011


After seeing this post, of course I jumped on Google and searched for other reviews and stuff. I have to say, her eyelids/tutorial is by far the most natural-looking... (might be due to her eye shape... lighting can wash it out too... but whatever the reason... this tape just looks so much better on her than any other ones I've seen) I've seen quite a few other posts/reviews... I feel like the mesh and glue all look so unnatural and obvious. But they all claimed it only looked so obvious because they were taking close-up pictures, and the tape really isn't that visible if you're looking at someone from a normal distance.

So conclusion, who knows =P nevertheless still intrigued. Might try it one day when I go back to Taiwan, but not trying to get my hands on those at the moment lol.

Hmm hope you guys found this post entertaining? XD
Until I can come up with an idea of what to blog about next time, take care guys! Don't get sick!!



18 comments:

  1. It does look natural on her. But i also don't think her lashes/eyelid space was as bad as she thought. I wonder how comfortable these are though since the tape seems much thicker/bigger than the normal ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can trim it down! you can trim down the traditional ones too =P but yeah I wonder the same thing too... it sounds like applying fabric and glue to your eyelids... that can't be too comfortable but who knows XD

      Delete
  2. I think that she looks pretty before the eyelid tape :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too! ppl are just never happy with themselves XD

      Delete
  3. wow, this is indeed something new to me!! I thought the fibre stretch is the "it" thing but didn't know there already is a upgraded version of the tape! I am so going to check it out like right now!!!!!!!!!^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I know... gotta give it to the beauty industry... so much creativity XD if you did try it be sure to keep us posted ^_^

      Delete
  4. Ive seen it by bren lui (YT guru) and that sasa youtube advertiser? >< i hope this becomes more readily available, i have only seen it on taobao =/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sasa advertiser <--- you mean Katy Beauty? =D

      I just checked out bren lui... never heard of her before... thanks for sharing! (too bad I can't understand Canto -.-")

      I'm just hoping this is not just a hype XD I read that this thing sells out like crazy... makes me wonder if it is actually that good O.o

      Delete
  5. That's actually quite natural looking. I 'd be curious to see other reviews though since this looks like it would probably be the most optimal results you can get with these.

    Rowena @ rolala loves
    Enter my iPad Clutch Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen some other reviews... I think it depends on your eye shape though, cuz I don't think it looks natural on everyone. Who knows, guess we will never know until we've tried :P

      Delete
  6. i was jolted for a sec to see another face on your blog, anyhow i want to try double eyelid tapes, i never tried any, great post :) miss ya lol :3 i miss ur bunny too :(
    http://amz88.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahahahahaha ummmm "guest" post I guess? XD lol you DON'T need eyelid tape XD if I have your eyes I would never bother LOL

      Delete
  7. these tapes have become so popular among Asians now...i have hidden eyelids..will it work for me ? lol ^ ^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think all tapes do work... the problem is how natural they actually look :P

      Delete
  8. Hmm her pictures look pretty similar to me lol. Dunno how people have the time and motivation to wear falsies/eyelid tape...I'm too lazy to bother with mascara half the time cuz its so much of a hassle to remove xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The POWER of wanting to look pretty!!! LMAO XD

      Delete
  9. Can it be found anywhere in singapore?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly don't know... your best bet is probably online shopping.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts =) Please provide a link back so I can visit your blog too if you have one =D

Any spamming or advertising will be removed.