About Me

My photo
California, United States
Hi! Thanks for visiting ^_^ My social media platforms: Instagram: meowmier Youtube: http://goo.gl/U5SnNM (formerly under the username francesvlogs but I don't have access to that anymore). I don't really do videos anymore simply because I think blog posts are more informative. Hope you enjoyed your time here! :)

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Dolly Wink Volume Mascara Review

Hello there!

So today I have the Dolly Wink Volume Mascara review for you ╮( ̄▽ ̄)╭
Lol finally got around to use it!
SAM_8604

SAM_8605
For you Japanese readers ^_^

My thoughts:
- It's a dry formula (compared to the DW Long mascara which has wet formula)
- Holds curls (unlike DW Long mascara does NOT hold curls)
- I really really like the applicator. It's quite unique cuz it's smaller at the tip, which makes it really easy to get the inner/outer corner lashes! 
- Supposed to be waterproof but it smudges SO easily on my lower eyelid!!
- I find this mascara actually quite clumpy and not easy to build on my short lashes....


Now let pictures do the story-telling ╮( ̄▽ ̄)╭
SAM_8120
Really like this unique applicator. Completely different from the DW Long mascara which is made of this soft rubber. The tip is awesome for hard-to-reach lashes.
 SAM_8116

With one coat
SAM_8123

SAM_8127

SAM_8128

SAM_8129
You can see a little bit of clumping
SAM_8130

Two coats (can't build up more than that since it already starts to clump)
SAM_8135

SAM_8139

SAM_8142

SAM_8145
Don't know why but when this mascara clumps there are those little round mascara clumps??? Kind of remind me of the Maybelline Colossal Volume Express mascara.


Overall, I think this mascara is just average. I definitely won't repurchase. Especially not impressed because every single time I wear it it smudges on my lower eyelid (and let me clarify I don't normally ever wear mascara on my lower lashes. Just put some on in these pics. And yep the mascara somehow still travels from upper lashes to my lower eyelid).


That's all I have to say for the Volume mascara! Hope some of you found it helpful ^_^

<3 Frances

17 comments:

  1. With one coat it looks pretty nice! (minus the little clumps here and there) Maybe if you had a clean spooly you could swipe it through after applying to try to get rid of the extra little clumps?
    Your lashes are so...pretty! :O I wish my lashes were as long and curled as nicely >___<

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the DW Length mascara and yeah, it doesn't hold curls. K, no more DW mascaras for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found a way to avoid mascara smudges - wear falsies xD Or use a non smudging mascara on lower lashes. It reduces it somehow. Guess my upper lashes don't touch my skin as much since it is 'blocked' by my lower lashes? Does that makes sense? =/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was thinking of buying this mascara but smudgy mascaras are a no go for me so im glad that i read this before purchasing :D
    thanks for the review! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. hm, I don't think I'm a fan of this wand. I've definitely seen better. I've never tried a dry formula though, I'm not sure what the appeal to that is. Sucks that it smudges also! :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol yeah but it's just in the morning when I'm in a hurry I really don't want to take the time to have to comb through my lashes... I'd rather just use something that works better you know what I mean? :D anyway the clumpiness I can tolerate but not the fact that it smudges on me... GRRR!!!

    my lashes are NOT long at all! I've seen your lashes before and in fact I think your lashes are a lot longer and fuller than mine! I just curl them close to 90 degrees so they really stand out against my eyelids so that it gives the illusion of I have long lashes ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol but it's not that good hahah XD

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol yep! I'm kind of over the DW products. They're not that great

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't wear mascara on my lower lashes on a regular basis... I just did it for this post XD I don't have any anyway LOL. hehe yes it does! but you're lucky to have long lower lashes >_< my lower lashes fail to protect my lower eyeliddddddd. too bad I can't fire them XD

    ReplyDelete
  10. No prob =D glad you found it helpful ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol some ppl prefer dry formula over wet because dryer formulas tend to hold curls better and don't weigh lashes down, which is not always true though cuz I've used some amazing mascaras that are wet formula. yeah DW is no go for me XD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, I would rather transfer that length over to my upper lashes then I'll have visible upper lashes! It's just the shape of my eye that kinda makes even fake eyelashes partially invisible =_=

    ReplyDelete
  13. i was thinking if i should get this, the volume is good but it kinda looks messy >.<
    maybe if u try other wands with this mascara? hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks pretty good, i've heard some good things about this.... the wand looks very dierent and a lot better designed for inner lashes :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh dear, this mascara's effect doesn't look good at all. So long for the cute and sweet packaging. I don't like the way it clumps and yeah, no no to smudging on lower lids though I must say that most mascara smudges on my lower lids too due to our humid weather.

    ReplyDelete
  16. lol I know! I am so over dolly wink now ahahah XD actually kind of over the whole tsubabsa trend XD

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts =) Please provide a link back so I can visit your blog too if you have one =D

Any spamming or advertising will be removed.