About Me

My photo
California, United States
Hi! Thanks for visiting ^_^ My social media platforms: Instagram: meowmier Youtube: http://goo.gl/U5SnNM (formerly under the username francesvlogs but I don't have access to that anymore). I don't really do videos anymore simply because I think blog posts are more informative. Hope you enjoyed your time here! :)

Friday, February 15, 2013

My Beauty Information

I AM MAC NC20. PLEASE UTILIZE "CTRL+F" TO QUICKLY FIND THE FOUNDATION MATCH! If you can't find a foundation you're looking for that means I haven't tried it. 

Hi guys, 

So I decided to put my beauty information in a blog post linked in the menu bar below the blog heading, instead in the sidebar. Thought this would make things easier since the list got so long :) I will try to keep this post as updated as possible! Also I might try and go back and rematch myself with some of these foundations. If you have any rematch request from this list (or if it's outside this list, let me know and I'll see what I can do!)  I also noticed that I haven't done a review on some of these foundations that I actually have in possession =_= don't know what happened there. I will get to them... slowly but surely. Making a list now XP  


My Skin type:


- Sensitive

- Combination: normal to oily (oily nose; normal forehead, cheeks, and chin)

My Foundation Preference:

- Light to medium coverage. My goal is to just even out my redness and cover up blackheads. I do not aim to cover my freckles or anything. My philosophy on foundation is that it should look like your skin. 

- On days when I actually have breakouts or healing from breakouts, I will usually opt for my SKIN79 BB cream for its whitening effects to prevent scarring (yes it actually works).

- I try to always get samples first before purchasing (you can always ask for samples at Sephora, MAC, Nordstrom, Macy's, Neiman Marcus, etc). I buy my foundations based on how natural it looks, and how well it wears over the day (not necessarily if it looks the same throughout the day because that's impossible without a primer, but if it melds in with my oils, or does it separate, fades, or become patchy).  

- Whenever my color doesn't have an exact match and if I'm an in-between color (and the jump between the shades isn't too great), I always go for the lighter one, because you can use bronzers to fix it. If you go for darker then your face will look too dark compared to the rest of your body. 

- Even though my face is naturally more pink, I always go for yellow-toned or neutral shades because my body is more yellow than pink, so yellow/neutral-toned foundations match my body better. 

- I usually prefer soft, glowy finish. Not overly dewy. I also enjoy satin finish.

My foundation shades (which change from time to time):

Most recent matches (NC20): 


- Pony Effect Coverstay Cushion Foundation in Nude Beige 
 - GIORGIO ARMANI BEAUTY Power Fabric Longwear High Cover Foundation SPF 25 in No.2 or No.3. No.2 is fair skin with golden undertone, No. 3 is fair skin with rosy undertone. I found No. 3 isn't too pink and I could pull it off; it gives more of a brightening effect. If you want to stay true to yellow tones stick  with No.2!
 
- Givenchy Teint Couture Blurring Foundation Balm Broad Spectrum 15  in No.1 Nude Porcelain (don't be taken aback how pale it looks! It oxidizes as you blend but after it settles it doesn't oxidize further).

- Chantecaille Future Skin gel foundation in alabaster

- CLINIQUE Even Better™ Glow Light Reflecting Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in CN10 alabaster (VF)

- Amore Pacific Color Control Cushion Compact Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ in 102 Light (Pink)-- Just ignore the "pink" part, it's actually not that pink. 204 Light/Medium (yellow) is way too dark. 

- Smashbox Studio Skin Foundation: No good match. I would say I'm probably between 1.2 and 2.1. 2.1 is just too dark. If you must choose one go for 1.2-- you can fix the edges with bronzer. 

- Too Faced Peach Perfect Comfort Matte Foundation in Snow (slightly pale and a hint of pink tone but not too much-- Would suggest using a bronzer/contour to blend in around the neckline)

- Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation in 190 (note: heavily yellow based. Be sure to thin it out with beautyblender otherwise the yellow tone in this shade is pretty noticeable). I heard this foundation oxidizes very significantly??? I did not test this foundation out throughout the day so please refer to other sources too before you decide on the shade!!

- Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Cushion Compact SPF 35 in Light 

- COVER FX Pressed Mineral Foundation in G20 (fair to light skin with golden undertones)

- bareMinerals Original Foundation in Light (light skin with yellow undertones)

- IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Airbrush Perfecting Powder with SPF50 in Light

- IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream with SPF50+ in fair or light (NOT a perfect match! If you're into that Korean look-- face slightly brighter than body look, fair is good for that). See more thoughts and some pictures here. Edit: if I mix fair and light it would probably be perfect... lol. Overall I found fair to be a better color match, but light to have a better formula

- Tom Ford Traceless Foundation in Pale Dune. See review and swatches here.

- Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24h Foundation in 310 Bisque C. Not a perfect match-- leans orange-pink. See review and swatches here

- Too Faced Born This Way Foundation in Warm Nude. See review and swatches here.
 
- Honest Beauty Everything Tinted Moisturizer in Honestly Cream (swatches a bit darker/orange on the back of hand, but matches perfectly on the face!)

- Marc Jacobs Marc Jacobs Beauty Re(marc)able Full Cover Foundation Concentrate in #26 Bisque Medium. See review and swatches here (The shade worn in this review is #22 which leans pink! Go for #26 if you're NC20, #22 if you're NW20). 

- Makeup Forever Ultra HD Foundation in Y225. See review and swatches here.

- SK-II Auractivator CC Cream (One shade only. It IS paler than NC20. I'd say probably suitable for NC15. Probably will even work for NW15 since it's very sheer and there isn't a very strong undertone). See my short review here.

- Sulwhasoo Evenfair Perfecting Cushion in No. 23. 

- Sulwhasoo Snowise Whitening Essence BB SPF 50+ / PA+++ in #1 Blooming Beige (leans ever so slightly pink)

- Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup in #2 or #3 (#2 is a bit pale but I think can be pulled off by NC20 ppl. #3 matches me better in terms of shade, but the tone leans ever so slightly orange). See review and swatches for shade #3 here

- Trish McEvoy 'Instant Solutions®' Beauty Balm SPF 35 in Shade 1

- Becca Perfect Skin Mineral Powder Foundation in Nude (I feel like Buttercup would work too) 

- Hera UV Mist  Cushion Long Stay in 21 (Hera's 21 is not as pale as Innisfree 23. And it's semi-matte finish rather than glowy finish like Laneige so it doesn't look too bright to the point it makes you look pale. However it does lean slightly pink. I think 21 is a good match for NC20 but since the undertone is more pink it will still look slighter lighter). See my short review here

- SK-II Facial Treatment Cream Foundation in 420 

- SUQQU Frame Fix Cream Foundation N in 102

- Innisfree Smart Foundation/Super Moisture in 23. See review and swatches here.  

- Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Foundation Powder in 05

- Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation in 2.5 Warm Sand

- Too Faced Cocoa Powder Foundation in Golden Light. See review and swatches here.

- Trish McEvoy Even Skin Foundation: 2.5

- Clinique Even Better Liquid Foundation 24 Linen (VF-N) (Probably more suitable for NC20 than NC25. I tried the next shade up/down and they're all either too pink or too orange).

- Diorskin Star Foundation in 21 (20 works just fine too). See review and swatches here.

- Paul & Joe Powder Compact Foundation in 103. Has very strong yellow undertones. See what the foundation looks like here here and here. Wearing Diorsnow White Reveal sunscreen underneath them all which makes it look glowy while it's matte, if that even makes any sense lol.

- Laneige BB Cushion in Light (I think is equivalent to 23). See review and swatches here. I think it's safe for NC20 ppl to go for 23 instead of 21 because it's so brightening, it really doesn't look that much darker than 21.


- YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Illuminating Foundation SPF19 in Beige 40 Actually, I think B30 would be a better match. I have been noticing B40 really leans on the red side. I haven't been able to re-match myself but I will come back and update this as soon as I do! (Updated 9/19/2014) See review & swatches here.

- Innisfree Long Wear Cushion in 23 (closer match for NC20 than NC25). See review and swatches here.

- IOPE Air Cushion XP in 21 when I'm NC20. Go for 23 if you're NC25. See review and swatches here.

- Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in #4 (#4 is on the paler side. I can pull off #4 but I think #4.5 would probably be a better match?) See review and swatches here

- Smashbox Liquid Halo HD Foundation-- no match. I tried shades 1 through 4. They are all either too pink or too orange. Those do oxidize a lot and even shades 2 through 4 are too dark for me. 

- Mamonde Real Skin Founder in #2 (not an exact match-- Mamonde leans pink). See review and swatches here.

- Sephora Collection Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation in Fair ("Fair" is pretty close match to NC20. "Light" is a shade darker but contains A LOT of pink).

- Becca Radiant Skin Satin Finish Foundation in Sand

- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard

- Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation in 22 Bisque Light (Bisque Medium is slightly darker and leans more red, where as Bisque Light is more neutral). See review and swatches here

- Lancome Teint Visionnaire Skin Correcting Makeup Duo in 210 Buff N

- YSL Youth Liberator Serum Foundation in B30 (I am B40 in Touche Eclat Foundation, although I think B30 should work too). 

- Kett Fixx Creme foundation in N3. See review and swatches here.

- Dr. Hauschka Traslucent Make-up in 00 

- Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick in Warm Sand 2.5 (it leans yellow)

- Dolce & Gabbana Perfect Matte Liquid Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20 in Bisque 75 (Bisque 75 is definitely closer to NC20 than NC25. If you are NC30, go for Beige 78) 

- Dolce & Gabbana Perfect Luminous Liquid Foundation in Bisque 75 (Bisque 75 is definitely closer to NC20 than NC25. If you are NC30, go for Beige 78) 

- Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF15 in B10 Beige (if you're MAC NC20, go for 10 Beige. If you are NC25, go for 20 Beige. 20 Beige also leans more orange than yellow). See review & swatches here. B10 is the lightest shade but still too dark for my skin.

- Dior Diorskin Airflash Spray Foundation in #201 Linen

- Givenchy Fluid Foundation Airy-Light Mat Radiance SPF20 PA++ in #3 Mat Sand (for light complexions with neutral undertones). See swatches here

- NARS Sheer Glow in Ceylan

- La Prairie Anti-Aging Foundation in 300 
(looks quite dark and orange but when blended out it's actually okay. Maybe just a tad darker than my skin tone. 200 is lighter but too pink for my liking).

- Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Liquid Makeup in 2NI Desert Beige

- La Mer 'The Treatment' Foundation in Linen (this is definitely closer to NC25. A little dark on me now because I'm closer to NC20. Linen also a lot more orange than neutral. I'm thinking "Sand" might have matched better but I never tried). See review & swatches here

- Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Foundation in #4.5 (ever so slightly orange). See review & swatches here

- DiorSkin Nude Skin-Glowing Makeup SPF15 in No.021 (Linen). See review & swatches here

- Dior Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup SPF 25 PA+++ in No. 021 (Linen)

- Makeup Forever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation in No.30 Porcelain (matches well if applied after thinning out with water. Will look paler if applied more heavily or without being diluted). See review and swatches here.

- Makeup Forever High Definition HD foundation in #120 (Discontinued).

- MAC Studio Sculpt in NC20. See review & swatches here.

- MAC Face and Body in C1. See review and swatches here.

- SK-II Cellumination Essence-in Foundation in #420. See review & swatches here.

- Burberry Sheer Luminous Fluid Foundation in TRENCH NO.04 (if you're MAC NC 20 you will definitely be able to pull off No. 4. If you're NC25 then you're probably between No.4 and No.5, so it's up to you if you want to go lighter or darker. I found No.5 to be too dark for NC25 and also is more orange-dark rather than neutral). See review & swatches here

- Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation in No.52 Vanilla (I think 53 can work too but I found 53 contain some red tint??? it looks a bit off on me). See review & swatches here

- Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation in Medium 52- medium/light complexion with warm beige undertone (this is closer to NC20 than NC25, and it also contains a lot of yellow)


My BB cream shades:

- Missha Perfect Cover BB cream in #21
(I have tried #23... definitely too dark especially after it oxidizes).

- SkinFood Mushroom BB cream in #1

- SKIN79: one shade only and makes my face a bit paler compared to the rest of the body (might appear grey for some ppl). See review and swatches here.

-Etude House Precious Mineral BBdation in W13
See review & swatches here.

- Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB cream in #2 (#2 leans more NC25, and I feel like it contains more red than yellow). See review and swatches here










==============older matches===================

(when I was between NC20-25)

- Giorgio Armani Face Fabric in #2

- Givenchy in Perfect Praline (slighty orange. But I think they just added new shades)

- Chantecaille Future Skin gel foundation in Camomile

- Shu Uemura Face Architect Smoothing Fluid foundation in #764 or #974

- Dior Capture Totale Foundation in #20 Light Beige (leans pink. I found for Dior usually #21 is a better match)

- Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation in Cream Ivory (leans pink)
See review & swatches here. (I really need to update on this one... the review was done under yellow lighting). 

-Laura Mercier Mineral Powder Foundation in Natural Beige
See review & swatches here

- Laneige Snow Crystal Dual Foundation in #21 Natural Beige
See review & swatches here

- Jill Stuart Smooth Silk Liquid Foundation in #103
See review & swatches here.

- Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup Oil Free SPF15 in No.1.5 (Nude)

- Josie Maran Argan Matchmaker Serum Foundation in Fair/Light
See review & swatches here

- Josie Maran Tinted Moisturizer in Butter

- Lancome Maqui Blanc Miracle Natural Brightening Creator Foundation Compact in BO-01 (paler/brighter shade). See review and swatches here. Leans yellow. 

- Lancôme Teint Miracle Natural Light Creator Bare Skin Perfection Foundation Compact in O-03
(darker/summer shade. The shade numbers are the same between the Blanc Miracle and Teint Miracle). See review and swatches here. Update: I no longer use O-03 as summer shade. Still too dark for me. I use it as subtle contour now. I suggest trying BO-01 or 02 if you're NC20.  

- Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation in 2.5 (Bobbi Brown's foundation shades are pretty much the same across the brand)

25 comments:

  1. I find the beauty information really useful because we have almost the same skin tone.
    although there are many foundation that are out of my budget. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! glad you found this useful ^_^ try getting samples if they're out of your budget *nudges*

      Delete
  2. lots of information, nice info :D oh btw i tagged u in an award here: http://amz88.blogspot.com/2013/02/fun-tag-liebster-award-2-who-i-am.html

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the information! really wanna check on some products from your list now :) u really tried out a loooooooooot O__O

    cheerylili.blogspot.com
    xx, Connie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lololol!! what can I say I'm a base makeup whore... XD thanks for commenting <3

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for this post! I am the same...NC20 and now I see how wrongly I was matched by some workers at Sephora and MAC. I bought the MAC Face & Body in C2 (according to the MA) but came home and the next day realized it was too dark!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for appreciating it =) Haha yeah I don't really like having the MUA matching me... I feel like they always match me wrong, so now I just match myself muahaha. Hopefully most of these shades will work for you too =)

      Delete
  5. Amazing post! Thx for it! :) We have the same skin tone, have you tried Clinique Even Better Liquid Foundation? Just bought the 03 ivory shade (VF-N)... but I'm afraid to open it - can't return it - (want to make sure I got the right tone for me )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't! But if you give me 3 days I can go find out for you =D (although I'm closer to NC25 than NC20 at the moment)

      Delete
    2. Hey Marivi! I checked it out today... I think 24 linen (VF-N) probably matches me best. I forgot what you shade you got so I didn't check what it's like... but ivory is one of the more paler shades. I feel like even linen is on the lighter side and prob best for NC20 instead of NC25. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  6. I just found this through google and have to say THIS LIST IS GOLD! Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for your post! SUPER HELPFUL! I've been lost with getting the right shade and i'm a similar shade as you. I was wonder if the New Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation shades are the same as the Nars Sheer Glow. I swatch the Celyan and the MUA said it's too light and i'm more of Stromboli but when i tried it at home it was so orange ><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks :) gad you found it helpful! I haven't tried the new NARS foundation myself (although I have swatched it in store) and from what I remember and what I've been told, the two lines have the same corresponding shades. So go for Ceylan if that's what you are in Sheer Glow. Don't always trust MUA... I think matching can be subjective and also store lighting can make the shades look off... just go with what you like =) a little tip is try the foundation out in the store then go out of the store and look at it under the sun. If it looks good under the sun then it will look good under any lighting =D

      Delete
  8. Wow...I haven't tried as many foundations as you have, BUT, out of the 7 I have tried that are also above in your list, we are same shade on all 7. Holy crap. That never happens with me! I'm curious to know if you've matched to the new Honest Beauty Everything Cream Foundation. I sorta feel in between Linen and Sand. Linen is great on my jawline and into my neck, but way too pale for my forehead, nose, or chin. Sand is perfect for those areas and too dark for my neck/jawline. What do you recommend in a situation like that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi hi!! I'm terribly sorry about the late reply.... been so busy that I completely forgot the existence of my blog... O_O||| I haven't tried the Honest Every Cream Foundation... and I'm not planning to, as I had reactions to the tinted moisturizer (which I already returned). Since we're a close match, perhaps you could give them a call and see which shade Honestly Cream matches to? :D
      I'd honestly keep the shade that matches to your neck/jawline. Because it being too pale for your forehead/nose/chin is easy to fix with a bronzer or a darker shade of powder foundation/concealer, but it's gonna be hard to get your neck/rest of your body to match to a wrong face color LOL. Hope that helps :)

      Delete
  9. I am pretty much the same shades in foundation as you. My question is, how do you select the Lancome Teint Idole color? I see you have down 310 Bisque. I've tried 210, 220 c and 230 with and I feel like they aren't quite right. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I usually get samples to try out. But I tried out that foundation yearsss ago... whenever that foundation first came out.That shade matched me when I was a match for Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua B20. And now even B10 looks a bit dark on me after oxidation... I probably need to rematch myself and update that O_O Thanks for bringing that to my attention!

      Delete
    2. Hello! So I rematched myself. 310 Bisque C is still the best match for me at NC20 =)

      Delete
  10. Thanks frances, thanks for this references! Helps me(nc20 also) a lot yayayay!! Have you tried the Urban Decay All Nighter foundation? Im torn between 2 or 2.5 ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad this helps :) I haven't tried it yet... if I do I'll definitely update it here!

      Delete
  11. Wow this is amazing! I think we are foundation twinsies! Do you usually update all your foundations here??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nikki! Yep! the closer to the top the more recent it is =)

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts =) Please provide a link back so I can visit your blog too if you have one =D

Any spamming or advertising will be removed.