Hello guys ^__^
I'm back again with another foundation review (you guys tired of them yet? XD) Thanks for everyone who gave me feedback about the accessories ^___^ I think I will still throw in a couple, but I will be mostly focusing on makeup since like Jo so accurately pointed out about allergy/sensitivity problems... I probably won't carry high-end/expensive accessories in case none of you want to buy them XD (haha but I really want to sell Anna Sui accessories O_O I don't own any but they are friggin GORGEOUS)
So today's topic will be MAC! Next up we'll have Bobbi Brown =P Honestly these foundation samples I got this time are all pretty good, but I'm going to hold off buying foundation until I get to Taiwan, cuz I really really REALLY want to try Lancome Maqui Blanc Miracle Liquid Foundation/ Compact foundation >__< And I heard good things about Paul & Joe (expensive though) and I've been wanting to try Anna Sui and Jill Stuart... okay I'm gonna stop =_= But hopefully I will settle down with a foundation soon XD
Enough of my rambling, let's get into the review =D
Volume: 1.3 oz.
Price: $29.50 (the most inexpensive foundation I've tried by far XD)
On MAC website it says it's a gel-based foundation but I really don't think it feels like gel. It's a very interesting texture... definitely not fluid. Not really sure how to describe it lol
top: NC20, bottom: NC25
I'm usually matched for NC25, but I find that for this particular foundation, NC20 matches me better; NC25 is slightly orange.
- Texture is interesting. Reminds me of Giorgio Armani's Face Fabric Foundation
- Medium coverage
- Definitely use fingers to warm up and apply this foundation. If you want to use a brush I suggest using a dense brush (however since this foundation's consistency is not runny I found that the brush eats up most of the product...)
- The consistency of this foundation is slightly more viscous/thicker compared to fluid foundations. It's not hard to blend at all, but definitely not as effortless as liquid foundation. It's a drier formula.
- Comfortable to wear, feels pretty light on the skin even the formula is thicker.
- Smells like plastic?or maybe sunscreen?
- If you have super dry/flaky skin, definitely avoid this cuz it will accentuate the dryness (Not that the foundation feels dry).
**what I meant is... if you have dry skin, you probably will be okay as long as you moisturize well cuz this foundation is not drying. But if you have flaky skin to begin with then you will have a problem!**
- Staying power is good!
- I was kind of worried if this foundation was gonna break me out since the formula "feels" thick between my fingers, but it didn't :D
- The sales associate didn't recommend this to me since this foundation is supposed to be hydrating (she said it might be cakey and shiny for oily skin) but to my surprise it's not bad at all :) I mean my nose still looks somewhat shiny at the end of the day... but I've had worse lol
- I think it's a nice and more affordable foundation :)
Product demo... you can just watch the first 2 minutes... I forgot to cut the video down XD
That's all I have for you guys ^__^ Stay well everyone =)
- California, United States
- Hi! Thanks for visiting ^_^ My social media platforms: Instagram: meowmier Youtube: http://goo.gl/U5SnNM (formerly under the username francesvlogs but I don't have access to that anymore). I don't really do videos anymore simply because I think blog posts are more informative. Hope you enjoyed your time here! :)