About Me

My photo
California, United States
Hi! Thanks for visiting ^_^ My social media platforms: Instagram: meowmier Youtube: http://goo.gl/U5SnNM (formerly under the username francesvlogs but I don't have access to that anymore). I don't really do videos anymore simply because I think blog posts are more informative. Hope you enjoyed your time here! :)

Saturday, August 8, 2015

[Klenspop] Clear Color Exy 3 Color Grey + Maybelline Brow Drama Review

Hey hey! 

Back with another "review" for my circle lenses =)
SAM_0016
... I'm actually not sure if the brand of these lenses are actually called "Crazy Lens" lol. Sounds kind of stupid so I omitted that in my title LOL.


Again, got mine from Klenspop.com

 SAM_0017

 SAM_0023
Those are good for 6 months I believe.

 SAM_0071

 SAM_0068 

 SAM_0020 

SAM_0025

SAM_0072



SAM_0074




  SAM_0075 

SAM_0073


You can see what my eyes naturally look like in my last post. Going straight into action.
SAM_0305

SAM_0300
Unlike the last pair I tried from Clalens, these fit well and don't slip around.Yay!!!

SAM_0299

SAM_0298

You can find out more information about these lenses from here.


As a little bonus/guest star review-- Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara in Deep Brown
SAM_0314
Honestly, never thought I'd purchase a brow gel lol. But thought it looks quite nice and natural from some YouTube videos so I wanted to get it for days I don't want to wear makeup but at least my brows groomed lol. Don't know if you guys agree, but brows done with pencil/powder look quite made-up/"unnatural" when your face is relatively clean of anything else. In short, I was looking for the "no eye brow product eye brows" look LOL.

SAM_0316

SAM_0318
Wonder that's the rationale behind this design????


With brow gel
SAM_0319

With brow gel
SAM_0320

With brow gel
SAM_0323

With brow gel
SAM_0325

Summary:
1. I pretty much only reserve it for days I'm not wearing brow powder/pencil (aka only on days I'm not wearing makeup haha). I find it makes applying additional brow products on top of them kind of awkward/not smooth.
2. Make sure not to rub or wet your brows once you have the gel on! Otherwise bits of brown flakes will begin to form... lol
3. I still find this product tricky to use. Sometimes the brush would deposit too much product and I'll have to use a Q-tip to wipe off the mishaps. And some days I just can't get my brows to look filled AND natural (like... the brows are too brushed/glued in place, you know what I mean???) Also, once the gel dries and if you try to go in again with a second coat, it will start to look crusty and sometimes result in the already applied gel flaking off/balling up. Not very forgiving. Pretty much you have to get it right the first time.  
4. What's the point of the round applicator??? Sometimes I find it kind of annoying to use because it's not too precise.

Overall it's good I guess. Cheap and cheerful? Not sure if will repurchase. I haven't used it a ton but I found the gel is already kind of drying up/harder to achieve that natural look. 



Okay back to color lenses review.


By the way, I did go and apply some brow powder on top because with a faceful of makeup, I NEED more defined eye brows LOL. Like I mentioned before, I don't normally like the feeling/finish of applying things over the brow gel once it's dried.
SAM_0344


Overall effect
SAM_0336

SAM_0335

SAM_0425
Under darker lighting the color doesn't pop as much as I thought.By the way, welcome back giant blood vessel! The proof that my eyes were irritated lol I too lazy to photoshop it out haha.

SAM_0414
I've always had a thing for grey eyes because I think they look super mysterious and sexy O_O+ but... those look more green on me than grey???? haha. Sad.

SAM_0410

SAM_0406

SAM_0427

SAM_0440

SAM_0451

SAM_0379

SAM_0362

SAM_0353

SAM_0352


SAM_0466
From afar they don't look that obvious... as in they don't really look that grey/light. I don't know, kind of makes me look soul-less. Haha

SAM_0453


Overall,  I think they're okay.  I really wanted to love them but they just don't look as natural as I had wished. There were many times that I forgot I was wearing grey lenses and I looked into the mirror when I was going to bathrooms and scared myself LOL. Plus they look more green on me rather than grey on me. The search for grey contacts continues!! I also find them uncomfortable to wear/can always feel them and my eyes do feel dry and irritated, AS USUAL lol. Grrr.

Hmmm... not sure what else I can say about them. So I shall end it here XD

Till next time!


<3 Frances

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts =) Please provide a link back so I can visit your blog too if you have one =D

Any spamming or advertising will be removed.