Hi blogger friends!
Back with another chit chat post =) Hope you guys like this format of blogging XD
So I reviewed the Hera Mist Long Stay Cushion on my Instagram a while ago, but I still wanted to share some camera quality pictures to show you guys the finish
Taken with yellow lighting... don't mind it please =)
Here's what it looks like on my face
Very pretty semi-matte finish
Sorry about the stupid bangs... didn't have many good overall photos to show that's why I decided to post this one X(
1. Beautiful semi-matte finish.
2. Got mine in C21 so the coverage is pretty good
3. Since it's semi-matte (unlike Laniege BB cushion which is super glowy), the shade 21 doesn't have that "pale" effect (I found some dewy cushions tend to make my face look lighter/brighter even if the shade matches because of how glowy they are) so I think 21 is pretty safe for NC20. Although it leans ever so slightly pink. I think Innisfree #23 is even paler than Hera #21.
4. DISAGREE with the "long stay" claim. Staying powder is horrible. It's a bit like the IOPE XP one-- I get that feeling that it doesn't really set, but it doesn't slip as much as the IOPE one.
5. No oil control.
6. Separates and settles into pores as I get oily (tried it with matte/oil-controlling base and it performs even worse than when paired with my Dior sunscreen, which has a bit of stick to it. Think this cushion performs better when it has something to stick to).
7. Also settles into expression lines if you talk and laugh a lot
8. Compared to Innisfree Long Wear Cushion which can emphasize dry patches, this one does better in that aspect
9. Aside from the beautiful finish, overall negative experience.
Guess that summary isn't that short after all XD
If I wasn't trying to take photos for this "review", I wouldn't have bothered with this cushion at all.
I gave in and bought the SK-II CC cream that I've been lusting after for a while.
For the longest time I was wearing nothing but sunscreen when I go out lol. But I kind of wanted something with sun protection and minimal coverage to reduce my resemblance to a zombie XD
Since it is a CC cream, please don't expect any coverage from it! You will only be disappointed if you're looking for coverage!
1. Super glowy finish. If you look closely you can see very very fine glitters, but don't worry they do not accentuate pores
2. MINIMAL coverage (if you have a lot of redness, probably won't be enough for you. Not the best to cover up blackheads either but decent enough for me).
3. Texture reminds me a bit of sunscreen. It's blendable but not liquidy as I anticipated.
4. When first applied, the finish is more semi-matte. But as it sets and blends with skin, it becomes very dewy and glowy
5. Feels quite heavy as I get oily (probably more suitable for winter)
6. Coverage turns transparent as it wears off (I don't know if I should use the word "disappear" because when I wipe my face with tissue you can still see the pigment... so it's still on my face. But it would pretty much look like I'm not wearing anything).
7. Longevity depends on how fast you get oily. It lasts about 3-4 hours on me before it "disappears". (Definitely one of the shortest wear base product I've tried. Although it doesn't patch up/separate so I don't mind that).
8. One shade only and my face does look significantly lighter than my body. I don't mind it but keep in mind it's a very Asian look LOL (like... face paler than body haha). Finish is lighter than NC20... I would guess it's probably more NC15. However since it does turn transparent, I'd say you only look significantly paler for the first hour or so.
9. I like to rub it all over my face then pat it in. Find that gives the best/most even application.
10. It can be sticky (hair sticking to the face yayyyyy!! NOT. lol).
Overall, it suits my needs and I don't mind it disappearing on me cuz my skin tends to look better/need less coverage later in the day (can always take it off and reapply-- should be doing that for sun protection anyway XP) but I don't like how heavy it feels as I get oilier. It's probably from the extra added skincare properties. I find that when I get home I want to do nothing but take it off my face.
I got mine from Cosme-De.com cuz it's on a promotion price. I neither recommend or not recommend it (depends on your needs!) but I for sure will not recommend it at $90 haha. At almost $60 (I had additional discount) I actually didn't regret purchasing it.
By the way, Cosme-De.com is a Chinese company but it's actually based in Hong Kong. I came across this website when I was searching for the CC cream with Google shopping. I wouldn't have purchased from them if it was based in China, but after learning it's based in HK, felt totally safe about it lol (by the way-- shipping only took a week. I was impressed).
Hope you guys enjoyed the brief reviews! Let me know if you want to see a detailed review but I think I covered everything.
Lastly, want to talk about this eye brow product called "Neuve"
For the longest time I thought Neuve is a Taiwanese brand because I hear Taiwanese bloggers talk about it all the time (in Taiwan it's called 惹我眉筆) but it's actually by Shiseido! I was shocked lol.
I actually can't remember if it comes in different shades... tossed my packaging away. I think it does though??
With neuve eye brow pencil
With neuve eye brow pencil
1. At first I didn't like it cuz it was too soft-- it deposits pigments too easily and I had to use a Q-tip to remove the excess pigments. But after a week or so I got through the "soft" part and it's great-- it applies easily but it no longer "crumbles"/deposit too much.
2. I think as far as brow products go, this one has low wax content (but I'm not super familiar with brow products!)
3. I don't normally have issues with brow products disappearing on me, so I can't comment on longevity since pretty much all brow products I've tried so far work well on me.
4. It only costs $80 TWD... which is like less than $3 USD. Can't beat that price. If you can get it for that price, go for it!
Overall, I like =D Price point is amazing. Been using it for about 2 months now and haven't had to sharpen it... haha.
Thanks for taking the time to read my blog ^_^ Hehe will be back again in a few~
- California, United States
- Hi! Thanks for visiting ^_^ My social media platforms: Instagram: meowmier Youtube: http://goo.gl/U5SnNM (formerly under the username francesvlogs but I don't have access to that anymore). I don't really do videos anymore simply because I think blog posts are more informative. Hope you enjoyed your time here! :)