About Me

My photo
California, United States
Hi! Thanks for visiting ^_^ My social media platforms: Instagram: meowmier Youtube: http://goo.gl/U5SnNM (formerly under the username francesvlogs but I don't have access to that anymore). I don't really do videos anymore simply because I think blog posts are more informative. Hope you enjoyed your time here! :)

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation Review

Hi there!

Bringing you a foundation review =)
s1711910-main-hero-300
Wasn't at all interested in trying it out, but... Sunny said she's obsessed with this foundation here and I like her recommendations so I was like ohhhh I've got to check it out!

And I must say... I'm not disappointed :)  beautiful foundation! Maybe a creamier version of the Urban Decay NAKED foundation (I prefer this over the NAKED foundation... you know I like my liquid foundation to be slightly creamy xD)

Honestly... trying on this foundation, my thoughts immediately jumped to the Tom Ford Traceless foundation (Tom Ford fans will probably want to kill me hahaha). I haven't really actually compared compared them, but the texture/application just reminded me of Tom Ford. Tom Ford perhaps feel more emollient than Too Faced (haha just noticed both Too Faced and Tom Ford can be shorthanded as TF... lol!!)


SAM_2665
My shade is Warm Nude.

SAM_2666

Swatches
SAM_2670

SAM_2672

SAM_2681
Coverage is light-medium. Buildable.


Bare face.
SAM_2655

SAM_2656

Got this thing going on on the corner of my mouth... not sure what it is. It was cracking/peeling and it's slowly on the mend. Been trying to eat more tomatoes and take vitamin B's hahaha.
SAM_2652


This day I used my Diorsnow UV shield as my base. So keep in mind the finish is probably smoother/more dewy than the foundation on its own. Although I'm pretty sure the foundation on its own is still really good; we all know a great base doesn't always guarantee great wear.

With Diorsnow UV shield
SAM_2658

Diorsnow UV shield
SAM_2662

Diorsnow UV shield
SAM_2663


With the foundation
SAM_2692
Applied with fingers by the way
SAM_2694

SAM_2696

SAM_2701
Didn't cling to dry patches =DDDD although the dry patches weren't so bad. If it was any worse than it was then I'm sure the foundation would've probably emphasized it.

SAM_2705
O_O+ don't know about you... but I think the finish is quite beautiful.

SAM_2710



After throwing everything else on/ the foundation had some time to set. 
SAM_2712
Sorry the lighting at my new place isn't the best... couldn't get an angle without casting some shadow on my face =(

SAM_2714
Didn't set with powder by the way

SAM_2716

SAM_2718

SAM_2722

SAM_2723

Overall effect
SAM_2731



After about 5 hours
SAM_2744
It fared wonderfully

SAM_2745

SAM_2746

SAM_2749
Nothing out of place =) just my usual oiliness

SAM_2750
Faded a bit here but it's hard for the foundation not to rub off around the mouth as you eat/drink/wipe your mouth


SAM_2758

SAM_2742 

Conclusion: this foundation gets a thumbs up from me ^_^ super impressed.

Have you tried the Born This Way foundation?? What are your thoughts??

<3 Frances

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts =) Please provide a link back so I can visit your blog too if you have one =D

Any spamming or advertising will be removed.