About Me

My photo
California, United States
Hi! Thanks for visiting ^_^ My social media platforms: Instagram: meowmier Youtube: http://goo.gl/U5SnNM (formerly under the username francesvlogs but I don't have access to that anymore). I don't really do videos anymore simply because I think blog posts are more informative. Hope you enjoyed your time here! :)

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Bite Beauty Vivid Luminous Creme Lipsick Duo Review/Swatches

Hi guys!

Happy Wednesday! I'm here with a lip product review today =D I feel like lip products are my favorite things to review next to base makeup. Easy to photograph, and super fun to write =P

Don't know if you guys recall, but a while ago I said I was giving up on BiteBeauty products. Surprise surprise, I actually did find a product that I actually like XD Which is funny because I wasn't planning on buying this at all... but it was in one of those "bins" next to the check-out line and it was $12. Honestly the colors did not appeal to me at all when I just looked at it, but the colors surprisingly are pretty flattering when I tried them on, so it came home with me =D

Bite Beauty Vivid Luminous Creme Lipsick Duo in Violet and Palomino
SAM_3531

SAM_3538
Errr... sorry the ingredients list came up really blurry. I tried xD (OY) 

SAM_3501
Left: Palomino, Right: Violet

I am rotten at describing colors so I'm not even gonna try hahaha.

SAM_3484
I didn't realize how small these lipsticks are until I got home... cuz you know the testers at Sephora are already pretty much gone, but I thought it was just because they were testers. Turns out the product itself is tiny, exactly like shown on the packaging lol.


First let's look at the color Violet
SAM_3499

SAM_3535

SAM_3512
I'm actually really, really, really surprised at how much I like this color. When I look at the tester, I thought Palomino is for sure a color I can pull off, but I wasn't so sure about Violet, nor was I really in the market for a purple looking lipstick. But it turns out Violet isn't as purple as I thought xD


SAM_3461
Just heads-up, Violet actually looks slightly more purple than this in real life. It looks so none-purple in these pics lol.

SAM_3463

SAM_3464



SAM_3466

SAM_3467



SAM_3469

SAM_3470

SAM_3471
I likey!


Next, Palomino
SAM_3498
I feel like this color is slightly more generic. As in it's more agreeable to most ppl. Surprisingly between the two, I actually prefer Violet, maybe because it's more unique. But Palomino is a pretty nice color too.

SAM_3534

SAM_3511

SAM_3475

SAM_3476



SAM_3478

SAM_3479

SAM_3480

SAM_3481

SAM_3482


Hand swatch of the two colors
SAM_3506
Left: Palomino, Right: Violet
SAM_3508

SAM_3509

SAM_3510

Texture-wise, it is a cream finish as the name implied. But the formula is quite different from the MAC cremesheen lipsticks. I feel like MAC lipsticks feel very lipstick-y, but this one doesn't. Does that make any sense? Haha. It applies more smoothly and feel less heavy on the lips. Formula-wise, it's not drying, but it is also not very hydrating or anything. I'd say it's relatively comfortable to wear. I think it's worth noting that these colors are quite long-wearing, which is a very pleasant surprise to me. It does last through meals, which is quite a feat.


I'm impressed by this particular BiteBeauty product! But I feel like other than this, I'm not really interested in trying out more BiteBeauty products because they're so expensive. Maybe if they have other stuff at this price point I would give it another go.

SAM_3483SAM_3465

Which color do you prefer? Have you tried BiteBeauty products? What are your thoughts on them?


Okay, I'm off to work on other posts (got off work super early today yay!!) ... it's been raining all day long today and all I want to do is nap >_< MUST RESIST.



<3 Frances

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts =) Please provide a link back so I can visit your blog too if you have one =D

Any spamming or advertising will be removed.