First of all...
I hope all of you are having a fantastic time and enjoying the holidays :) I've seriously been doing nothing but slacking on my ass lolol. Sorry for the lack of update! Just haven't really felt like blogging :P (I always only want to blog/procrastinate when I'm busy with school XD)
Anyway! Today I have a makeup look for you guys =P
(Yes I got a haircut! and highlights, lol!)
I have a video for you guys if you're interested (:
1. bareMinerals Prime Time eyelid primer
2. Urban Decay NAKED 2 Palette "Pistol"
3. Urban Decay NAKED 2 Palette "Suspect"
4. Urban Decay NAKED 2 Palette "Snakebite"
5. Urban Decay NAKED Palette "Smog"
6. Urban Decay NAKED Palette "Darkhorse"
7. Milani Eye Tech Liquid Eyeliner (upper lash line)
8. MAC Liquidlast eyeliner in "Point Black" (for lining the eyes)
9. Urban Decay NAKED 2 Palette "Black Out"
10. Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Medium Ash/Medium Brown
11. Majolica Majorca Lash Bone Black Fiber in Mascara Primer
12. Majolica Majorca Lash Enamel Glamour Volume On
13. Eyeko Lengthening Skinny Mini Brush Mascara (for lower lashes)
14. La Prairie Anti-Aging Foundation in 300 (sample)
15. Aveda Mineral Loose Powder
16. Stila Convertible Color Bronzing Duo in Marigold (Discontinued?)
17. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush in Angelic (champagne highlight)
18. Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in 040 Red Velvet
Here's the picture of the ad campaign that I was inspired by:
Obviously I look nothing like the model T^T (and my lower lashes are non-existent XD) Gosh she's so freaking gorgeous. But the idea is the neutral, bronze-y smokey eye with berry lips. Anyway this is just an inspired look; I adjusted the eye makeup to my own taste cuz I know I can't do a lot of eye shadow along the entire length of my lower lash line because it will just close my eyes down.
LOL it looks so off cuz I'm not tanned... orz...
I look pure evil here, but whatevs XD I do have this little Gucci Guilty sample perfume. I adore this perfume ^_^
I know I'm so creative with posing -____- lol...
Hmmm by now you guys probably have seen enough of my face, but unfortunately there's gonna be more XD Because now I want to change the subject to my new hair XD
So as you all can see I got bangs, AGAIN -___- My hair just got so heavy that I couldn't stand how flat it is. Really missed having layers badly.
Before. I actually went roughly 6 months without bangs, which probably happened never before XD I did good I did good XD
After. This was after I got home from the salon. My iPhone wouldn't pick up the colors lol.
It was my first time getting my hair done in Maryland so I kind of didn't know where to go T_T
(When I was in Colorado I always go to Toni &Guy located at the Park Meadow's Mall.... I recommend Bria and J Lyn ^_^ but they are quite expensive... $50-$60+ depending on who you get).
After looking up reviews and stuff I decided I didn't want to spend too much on my haircut... -_-a so I settled for Studio 1612. My hairdresser was Laura (she did my haircut as well as color) if anyone is interested :P
This the picture I brought with me to the salon. The general idea of the haircut I want is super choppy layers (surprise surprise), more chunky around the face like shown in the picture below. Although I did ask my hairdresser not to razor off the bottom layers of my hair cuz I really don't have that much hair to begin with and I'd really rather keep them XD
Feel free to click the image to enlarge. Image credit goes to Google ^_^
Originally I went in wanting blonde highlights, something like this
Yes the punk hairstyles always have a special place in my heart. I love it XD
I lost count of how many times I got refused by my hairdresser to bleach my hair -____- she told me because my hair is so dark, if I want to bleach it I have to do it over a year so my hair wouldn't break (plus if I do it in one day it's most likely going to turn out orange rather than ash blonde). But she said even if I did do it over a year it's still likely my hair would fall out because it'd be so damaged. She told me she was speaking from personal experience because she has dark brown hair and she's still trying to grow out her hair from all the breakage from bleaching her hair. And my hair is even darker than hers so they'd need to bleach it even more...
So yeah, blond hair is probably never gonna happen on me. T_T
This is another picture I brought with me (image credit also goes to Google)
So my hairdresser ended up deciding to do some caramel highlights throughout my hair. I also asked for a few panels/strands of red hair on the bottom layer.
The caramel highlights turned out nicely, but unfortunately the red highlights not so much T_T You can only kind of see the red at the ends of my hair. So weird cuz throughout half of my undergrad years I always dyed my hair red and it always took the color quite well... for some reason it refused to turn red this time around XD
My hair looks even blacker now with the highlights
Lol it looks so light under this lighting
Most of the highlights are "hidden," so when my hair grows out it'd be less awkward :D
Also have some pics of my hair under yellow lighting
Lol this was when I was still playing with the makeup for this post
So for Studio 1612, the haircut is $35+, partial highlight is $85+, so I should've at least spent $120 on this haircut+ hair color but Laura only ended up charging me $110. I didn't realize at that time but I suspect she knocked $10 off because the red didn't show up??? @_@
Hehe my friends say I look older with this new hair color now ^_^ I think so too. I was just mistaken as a high school student earlier this month -_-
That's all I have guys! I put my hands together for you if you endured all my self portraits. Ahahaha.
Happy holidays everyone ^_^
- California, United States
- Hi! Thanks for visiting ^_^ My social media platforms: Instagram: meowmier Youtube: http://goo.gl/U5SnNM (formerly under the username francesvlogs but I don't have access to that anymore). I don't really do videos anymore simply because I think blog posts are more informative. Hope you enjoyed your time here! :)