Since I have A LOT of Aveda products, I'm going to keep the reviews as short and concise as possible. Most of the products I have used for a length of time so I'm very certain about my opinion ^_^
Base Oil- Honestly I don't really use oils so I can't tell between good or bad ones
- I put it in my bath water. Didn't notice if my skin becomes any softer in particular, but the scent is relaxing
- Have tried applying it at the ends of my hair and didn't notice any difference either
Aveda Lip Saver- I like it has SPF 15
- Good lip product! Likey likey ^_^ but for the price I think you can find cheaper alternatives that work just as well. I consider this a splurge item XD
Aveda Foot Relief- I like ^_^ improves the texture of my skin and makes my feet softer and appear less old lol!
- Has a minty scent
I'm actually running low on this product O_O have been quite a while since I snapped this picture lol
Aveda Hand Relief- I LOVE!! Really really saved my dry, lined, withered hands XD One thing I noticed in particular about Aveda body care products is that they all improve the texture of my skin very noticeably ^_^
Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion- I love ^_^ Use this on a daily basis on the crown of my head
- Be careful NOT TO SHAKE this product!!! Try to just squeeze it out. I know in the video I was shaking it to sprinkle it onto my hair, I was doing it wrong. You should just squeeze it and it will blow out.
- It is activated by heat and liquifies. It's really light on my hair :)
- If you have long layers, it doesn't hold up volume that well
- If you live under humid climate, it doesn't work that well either.
Aveda Pure Abundance Volumizing Shampoo and Clay Conditioner- I love these! But I can say for sure not everyone will appreciate this shampoo/ conditioner (I know for a fact that a lot of ppl don't like it)
- First time using the shampoo I wasn't sure about it because my hair felt tangled kind of like when you've shampooed your hair twice? But this shampoo doesn't dry out my hair. In fact, first thing I noticed was how shiny and soft my hair looked after
- the shampoo must be used in conjunction with some kind of conditioner, or else your hair might be tangled
- I like the conditioner as well! It's very rich and creamy and doesn't weigh my hair down ^_^
- Didn't see an increase in volume in particular, but I just love these XD
- At first wasn't sure about the aroma (very natural and organic smelling) but after a while I found the aroma very relaxing ^_^
- Hair feels super clean after ^_^ love love love!
Ingredients of the shampoo
Ingredients of the conditioner
Aveda Color Conserve (Asian formula)- My cousins got this for me while I was in Taiwan cuz they thought Asian formula would work well for Asian hair. To be honest I'm really not crazy about this product @@ I don't find it enhances my hair color or protects the color in particular, and I don't like the feeling after using it as much as the pure abundance shampoo. Never used the US formula so can't say if it holds true for that.
Aveda Replenishing Body Moisturizer- I like it ^_^ Hydrates and improves my skin texture. This is supposed to be a heavier formula but I don't find it greasy or anything.
I'm actually out of this product T_T so I bought the rosemary mint body lotion just to try something new
Rosemary Mint Body Lotion- I think it's okay, it's supposed to be a lighter formula. I like the replenishing one better
Inner Light Concealer (see video to see it in action!)- Doesn't cake or accentuate my fine lines under my eyes
- Not enough coverage....
- Actually ended up returning it
Inner Light Mineral Tinted Moisturizer (see video to see it in action!)- Good coverage (almost feels like a light foundation) However you have to blend it for it to have coverage. You cannot pat this on to build coverage, you have to blend it.
- Texture is a little bit sticky????
- Really dewy finish. Too dewy for me (but it looks fine after setting with powder)
- Definitely NOT for oily skin. I have normal-oily skin and it doesn't work for me.
- My main problem is that this tinted moisturizer doesn't hold up on my face because I do have some oil going on on my face. It cakes up and I look really oily at the end of the day. Really do not believe it's an ideal product for the summer .
- Returned this as well.
Aveda Mineral Loose Powder (Translucent) (see video to see it in action!)- Gets what the foundation doesn't; provide buildable coverage
- Wears well over the day
- Has fine glitter particles that doesn't show. Gives semi-matte finish
- Doesn't cake and can be used to blot oily face, but your makeup will look a bit heavier.
See the fine little glitters?
Not let's see how this powder can be used to blot oily face without caking up. Here's my oily oily shiny nose after more than 8 hours of wear XD
Take 1. By the way I took the pics with macro mode again. Hello blackheads XD
Take 2. EW
After applying the loose powder:
Makeup appears slightly heavier, but it didn't cake!! =DDDDD
It's pretty good isn't it? Impressed with this powder ^_^
Aveda Botanical Kinetics Skin Firming/ Toning Agent- Okay this is the only product that I've only used a couple times so I can't really say anything about it. My MAC Fix+ REFUSES to be used up -__- it's been extremely low for the longest time still I haven't been able to use it up XD
Aveda Air Control Hair Spray (see video to see it in action!)- Really light, not sticky
- It's a nice texturizing product, but I found this hair spray doesn't really hold volume
- Not designed to hold hair styles! If you're looking to hold curls, definitely do not use this!
- I don't like the smell
- Doesn't irritate my face
As usual... I LIED when I said the review's gonna be short. =_=|||
That's all! I hope it wasn't too long and you found the information helpful. If I have to recommend products from Aveda, definitely try their body care ^_^ I like the hand cream and foot cream a lot. I also really like the pure abundance hair potion and it's something I will definitely repurchase =D
Thanks for reading ^_^