- California, United States
- Hi! Thanks for visiting ^_^ My social media platforms: Instagram: meowmier Youtube: http://goo.gl/U5SnNM (formerly under the username francesvlogs but I don't have access to that anymore). I don't really do videos anymore simply because I think blog posts are more informative. Hope you enjoyed your time here! :)
Saturday, September 17, 2011
Bubbi Brushes Review
****1 year update! 11/6/2012****
Hello there =D
Now I've officially used the brushes for over a year now... I thought I'd come back with an update!
1. The buffer brush-- I got the most mileage out of this brush. Use it every day for contouring. Love it so much. Enough said =D
2. The powder brush-- Love to use it for loose powders and powder foundation. My go-to brush for powders =)
3. The retractable brush-- This and my eyeliner brush and brow brush were the only brushes I brought with me for my trip to South Korea. It lives up to its name-- definitely very versatile! Used it for powders, contour, blush and highlight. Definitely a must-have when I travel =) (And also almost used this brush exclusively while I was in Taiwan for its convenience). I don't really use it on daily basis cuz I stuff it in my on-the-go bag XD
4. The dual cover brush-- I use this brush exclusively for my SKIN79 BB cream. It works the best with my BB cream. I don't this brush for liquid foundations because it's too streaky.
5. The kabuki brush-- gives really nice coverage for powder foundations. I use this and the powder brush interchangeably for my powder foundations.
6. The fluff brush-- good for highlighting or blending out eye shadows. But I have other brushes that I prefer over this =P
7. The dual eye brush-- good brush but I don't wear eye shadows on a daily basis XD and when I do I mostly reach for my Sonia Kashuk one.
8. The HD flawless brush-- Is basically collecting dust on my vanity ='( too much work to work with. I think it's because the hard bristles (not saying it's harsh to the touch, hard as in firm) sheer out my foundation too much, while being streaky at the same time. I just don't use it....
That's all! Hopefully this is somewhat helpful? Overall it's a good collection I'm pleased with my purchases, except for the HD flawless brush.
Update on Bubbi Brushes 10/5/2011 =)
Hello hello ^_^ So I said I'd come back and update about my thoughts about these brushes so here I am =D Just a very brief update since my opinions haven't changed much. But I have been using Bubbi brushes for a little bit over a month now??
- The Dual Cover foundation brush and Flawless HD brush-- My opinion hasn't changed much... although they do feel even softer after a while, especially the Flawless HD brush. They are thicker synthetic bristles so I guess they do take longer time to soften up? lol! However I still find both of them giving minimal streaking that requires a tiny bit work in blending.. The Flawless HD brush no longer feels "harsh" under my eyes; either it's because it's become softer or I'm used to it XD
- Still love love love the concealer brush from the Dual Cover brush ^_^
- I am loving the Multi Retractable brush and Buffer brush more day by day >_< I already loved them to begin with, but I'm loving them even more the more I use them! In fact, all my other powder brushes feel scratchy and poky on my face now =_= because the retractable brush is just sooo soft..... so I'm pretty much only using the retractable brush for powder now XD And the buffer brush is just so soft and easy to work with. LOVE.
- Still liking my dual eye brush ^_^ Although I haven't been using it much because I've been busy and lazy with eye shadows... LOL.
That's it ^_^ my opinions about Bubbi Brushes are pretty much finalized. Although I do want to stress that, while the Flawless HD brush and the foundation brush from the Dual Cover brush aren't my favorite, I am by NO means saying they are bad brushes. In fact, they are not bad brushes at all. They are pretty good brushes for what they are. I just prefer other types of foundation brush =P I just wanted to clear that up. Just because they are not my favorite, doesn't mean you won't like them! Please just keep in mind preference is really subjective ^_^ All in all I think if you want to try out Bubbi Brushes, you won't be disappointed.
That's all ^_^ I'm gonna go take a nap and studyyyyyyyyy. Hope I will wake up when my alarm goes off XD
Here's my review for Bubbi Brushes ^_^ I have been using them for one solid week, and here are my thoughts so far! Please keep in mind that I've only used these brushes for one week. I don't normally review things so fast but I know there are some ppl eager for the review lol!
So first thing first these brushes do require a little breaking in... but 2 washes will do it =D After two washes they get super soft to work with.
Overview for these brushes:
1. Bristles are SUPER soft!
2. Well-structured and sturdy.
3. No bleeding
4. No shedding
5. Affordable =D
6. The printing on the brushes do come off as you use them...
Overall... really good stuff for the price ^_^
To see the description and other detail of what the brushes are designed for, please refer to her website ^_^ ( if you want to make a purchase make sure you select the right currency because it's default at Euros!)
So I did make a video of my rambling about the brushes (haven't made videos in a VERY long time so I was back to stammering and being incoherent again XD) But for those who don't want to watch the videos, here are my summarized review for the brushes:
1. Dual Cover
- I'm currently obsessed with using the concealer end!! So soft and blends so easily... love the concealer brush!!!
- I wouldn't say the foundation brush is completely non-streaky. It still gives streaks but it's pretty minimal. You have to use a very light hand to blend. I feel like this brush is only suitable for ppl who have good skin to begin with, or for those who are just looking for a light coverage, because this foundation brush gives very sheer to light coverage.
- I like how this brush is dual function but I have problem storing it lol. Usually I store my brushes with my styrofoam blocks, but since I can't stand this brush up, I'm letting it sit around on my table for now. Another thing is how do you travel with dual end brushes?!?!?? They wouldn't fit my my brush pouch O_O
- I noticed after a while there are 2 cracks on the handle O_O I don't know if this is something I need to worry about later on...#_#
2. Multi-Retractable Brush
- This brush is the softest powder brush in my possession =D absolutely love how soft it is! Feels so good when I swirl it on my face lol >_<
- I haven't used it to contour my nose cuz it's a bit wide for me, even after retracting it.
- This is a very versatile brush ^_^ I've used it to apply powder foundation, liquid foundation, loose powder, blush and bronzer. The only thing is if you want to use it to contour your face it takes more effort since the brush is smaller.
- The retracting function of this brush isn't that sturdy. I find the barrel slips backward when I try to buff my bronzer on; I have to hold the barrel with my fingers.
- My only "problem" with this brush is that I can't get the water out of the barrel when I wash it O_O hopefully it's not going to be an issue but I'm a little bit paranoid lol.
3. Buffer Brush
- Bristles are super soft as well ^_^
- Very versatile as well-- I've used to to apply powder foundation, liquid foundation, blush and bronzer. Love it for bronzer ^_^
- At first I was worried if this brush would pick up too much product, but nope it picks up the perfect amount ^_^ So no need to be too careful when I load this brush.
4. Dual Eyes Brush
- Really soft and great ^_^ Did not scratch my eyelid whatsoever.
- The fluffier end is great for packing colors (although if you really really want to pack on a ton of eye shadow, you should go for a even flatter brush). However it's not the best for blending. If you want something to blend then you want to go for something even fluffier.
- The rounder end is a little bit bigger than I expected; it's a bit bigger than standard pencil brush. But it's good for only applying color under your fold and contouring ^_^
- Again not sure how to store/ travel with this.
5. Flawless HD Brush
- The bristles are soft, but too firm for my liking :( I found that when I use this brush to blend under my eyes it's a bit harsh
- Really small so takes longer time to apply foundation all over your face
- I thought this would be comparable to Sigma's flat top synthetic kabuki brush, but they are not at all similar. I like my Sigma brush a lot more and this Flawless HD brush is definitely not my go-to brush.
- You need to use a light hand with this brush as well or it will be a little streaky. Although it gives more coverage than the Dual Cover brush, the coverage is still on the light side. So for girls who are looking for coverage, I don't believe this is an ideal brush. Sigma's F80 brush definitely gives a lot more coverage, and you can really work your foundation into your skin with it. Plus F80 is bigger so it's a lot easier and quicker to work with.
In summary, I think her face brushes would be more ideal for girls who have good skin or just looking for light coverage, because her brushes do require blending, and therefore giving less coverage.
Video of me reviewing the brushes:
Sorry about the low energy... I would've sounded a lot more enthusiastic if I wasn't so tired. I think I'm getting sick as well :( and school has been kicking my butt so I haven't slept much. I'm constantly bombarded with exams. I feel like I'm always so tired now T_T Nonetheless I hope some of you found this helpful.
Video of how I use my Bubbi Brushes.
Please watch in HD!
Bubbi is going to make a video on how to use her brushes. This video is just showing how I personally would use these brushes! ^_^ By the way I only realized that I forgot to include the clip where I used the dual eye shadow brush after I edited and everything so I was too lazy to go back and add it... O_O no biggie cuz I didn't do anything too creative with it lol!
And yeah I have a break out on my chin. It's not even a pimple, it's the kind of spot I get when I'm allergic to something O_O need yogurt before it gets worse!!! .... But I just remembered I ate the last of my yogurt today T_T... fml hahaha. And by the way I lost count of how many times I had to remove my foundation while making this video... lol... my spot was getting really irritated by the time I finished >_<
So anyway, this is the second time I have purchased from a Youtube guru, and I want to say my purchasing experience from Bubbi was a lot more satisfactory than the other (not trying to discredit the other but it's just how I feel... the other guru's products were mostly disappointing-- they were a lot pricier and some were horrible quality). Overall I'm happy with my purchase ^_^
That's all I have for you guys! I hope some of you found this helpful! Please bear in mind this is only week 1 using these brushes... I will come back and update if my opinions change. Also, preference is a very subjective thing, what I like/ don't like might not apply to you (:
Stay warm and stay well everybody ^_^
To see the second part of my Bubbi Brushes review (which are the rest of the brushes minus the Angled Liner brush, check here ^_^)