About Me

My photo
California, United States
Hi! Thanks for visiting ^_^ My social media platforms: Instagram: meowmier Youtube: http://goo.gl/U5SnNM (formerly under the username francesvlogs but I don't have access to that anymore). I don't really do videos anymore simply because I think blog posts are more informative. Hope you enjoyed your time here! :)

Friday, April 20, 2012

Change of season loves! And new toy =D

Hiya guys ^_^

So today I want to talk to you guys about some products I'm LOVING during this change of season time!

As spring is transitioning into summer, my skin started acting up. It was very dry and I started having dry patches along the sides of my face. Even for the areas that don't have dry patches, I still couldn't powder my face because powdering would just make my face look so dry. I almost never got dry patches before O_O so for about a week or so I wasn't sure what to do with it. I started using oatmeal to cleanse my face; it helped with my dry patches somewhat so they didn't really show up under/affect my makeup anymore. But at night when I removed my makeup the dry patches would still be there. So I decided to break out my emergency skincare XD

Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Face Cleanser.
Photobucket
I'm already half way through this stuff!

I highly highly HIGHLY recommend this cleanser! I talked about this and the serum from the same Mega Mushroom Skin Relief line in my best of 2011 products post. But honestly I like the cleanser even more than the serum. I personally found the cleanser potent enough to deliver benefits.
You might think it's just a cleanser how is that gonna help because you just wash it off your face? Well this is a treatment cleanser and you're supposed to be able to even just tissue it off and leave it on the skin.
Photobucket
I personally don't do that, but even after you wash it off you can still feel "a layer" of product on your face (not unpleasant or anything, kind of like when you use whipping cream on your face) but whenever I use this cleanser my face is always calmer and more supple. Love it :) it does have an herbal scent which I don't mind. So after a week of having dry patches on my face, the dry patches disappeared the next day I used this cleanser. Yes, the next day :D awesome stuff.

By the way I don't use this everyday. I try to only reserve it for days when my skin is feeling rocky, simply because this cleanser works so well on my skin I don't want my skin to get used to it!


Another love for change of season would of course be my natural plain yogurt mask :)
Photobucket
My absolute favorite! I think it tastes better too O_O

I ran out of yogurt for the longest time and did not have time to go grocery shopping until about a week ago. I stocked up on yogurt this time XD while the Origins cleanser helped me get rid of dry patches, the natural yogurt mask made my face so hydrated and restored its brightness and suppleness.... sigh, I almost forgot how absolutely amazing natural yogurt masks work! LOVE!
Photobucket

Sometimes I opt for chocolate mask :P it really doesn't matter which one you use, as long as there's natural yogurt in there ;)
Photobucket


So that's all! Absolutely recommend these two "products" :D Really helped my skin battle the changing seasons!

Oh another product I've been loving will be my SKIN79 gold label BB cream... forgot to snap a photo but you guys all know what it looks like. Simply because it makes my dry skin look so glowy and nice. I haven't been powdering my face at all lately with this BB cream because it stays on well on its own, plus powdering still makes my face appear a little dry. I was using the Josie Maran foundation for the last few months and I'm switching back to SKIN79 again.


Next, I received my new toy today :D :D :D
Photobucket
My new Sigma F86 Tapered Kabuki brush! So freaking excited XDDD


Photobucket
I was lucky enough to be contacted by Sigma to join their affiliate program (I think anyone with beauty blog/channel can apply?) Since I do own a few Sigma brushes and absolutely adore them I was very excited to accept this opportunity, and of course, the complimentary gift :D
So yeah, if you're wondering why I have a Sigma banner on the right side of my blog, it's because I'm now in the affiliate program :)

Photobucket
Jennifer, the Afiliate Program Coordinator was so nice and let me choose the F86 brush since I already own the F80 which originally was the brush she offered me :P

Photobucket
I noticed they have changed the handle! They used to have this matte handle (bottom two) and now it's a more glossy/plasticy handle (top)? It looks more sleek but I prefer the old handles better because the new handle attracts finger prints quite easily.


Photobucket
Yay! I have 3 Sigmax brushes now =DDD now if I can get my hands on the Angled Kabuki... lol! Maybe someday.

Anyway, super duper excited! Can't wait to use this brush ^_^

That's all I have for today! Next will be reviewing some LUSH products :)

Have a great day guys!

<3 Frances

1 comment:

I'd love to hear your thoughts =) Please provide a link back so I can visit your blog too if you have one =D

Any spamming or advertising will be removed.