About Me

My photo
California, United States
Hi! Thanks for visiting ^_^ My social media platforms: Instagram: meowmier Youtube: http://goo.gl/U5SnNM (formerly under the username francesvlogs but I don't have access to that anymore). I don't really do videos anymore simply because I think blog posts are more informative. Hope you enjoyed your time here! :)

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Empties August 2013

Hello there!

It's time for another empties post =D Obviously I didn't finish all these in August... I accumulated these products since my last empties post. Sorry for the inconsistent photo quality... some products I used up while I was in Taiwan, those I just used my iPhone to take a picture since I didn't have my camera with me. Anyway let's just get into the products shall we ^_^?

1. Lancôme Genifique
IMG_4207
This is actually the second bottle I used up lol. First one I got because I wanted to try it out. Second one I got from my mom cuz she felt no difference using it lol. What I feel about Genifique hasn't changed-- I "think" it helps my skin speed up with the healing process, so I tend to only use this when my skin is recovering from something, otherwise I feel no difference when my skin is in its normal condition. The only time I felt a major difference using this product was described in this post. Will I repurchase? Ehhhh.... I'm leaning toward maybe not for now.

2. MAC Liquidlast Eyeliners in Cocoa Bar and Point Black
IMG_4208
I thought it was funny that I got to the end of both products around the same time LOL. But the black eyeliner dried up before the brown one did. If you have been reading my blog for a long time, you will know this is my holy grail eyeliner, even though the black one isn't as good as the brown one (brown one got discontinued... I cry). I have two reviews dedicated to this eyeliner, you can view them here and here. By the way these eyeliners lasted me forever... I think I had that brown one for two years, and that's like using it almost everyday O_O you might say that's disgusting, but hey, when your holy grail eyeliner is discontinued, you hang on to it until its very last drop! XD

3. Fresh lipbalm
IMG_4205
This I got from the Sephora birthday present set. I adore it but I will not spend $22.50 on a lip balm. With that said if it was cheaper (maybe like under $10 XD) then I would definitely repurchase it XD (not going to happen... LOL). Downside of this is it's really really soft so you have to be careful because it might break easily. Also it melted when I got to Taiwan, so it can't really withstand hot weather, so keep that in mind if you're planning to gift this to someone. Otherwise I really liked it while it lasted!

4. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunscreen
IMG_4204
So... at first I really liked it because of the convenience. It was just so easy to spray it on and rub it in because it's pretty light weight. Note that even though it says it's non-greasy but it does leave a sheen, so keep that in mind. Now I really don't think it is water-resistant... I brought this with me to a water park this summer and reapplied it religiously and I got BURNED. Not the worst burn I've ever had, but bad enough. So I think it got washed off (and I did wait for it to set before I got into the water). So this is probably only good for daily use. But I don't know... In retrospect I think I did get mild sun burns when I wore this on a daily basis. My skin felt dry and itchy and kind of irritated when I used this sunscreen, but I thought it was because it was so hot. But in retrospect when I used my Shiseido Face & Body sunscreen I didn't get that at all. So I don't know, I don't really trust this sunscreen anymore. Will not repurchase.

5. Lancôme Blanc Magique powder foundation
SAM_4654

SAM_4655
Okay technically speaking it's not empty yet, but I thought it's close enough so why not XD I kept thinking I'd run out of this by now, but I still have some left XD (and I was so excited that I went out and buy more powder foundations... lol). This is the VERY FIRST foundation I'm ever gonna use up! Super excited about that! (I'm a lazy person... powder foundation is the quickest. Also I can only use powder foundation when my skin flakes). It's not fragranted, which is a plus more me. The coverage is pretty good. The thing I love the most about this powder is that it doesn't melt off my face. It really is long-lasting. And it doesn't oxidize when I get oily. Also when I get oily my oils just mix in with the powder; it doesn't get cakey at all. Even though I didn't repurchase it this time around, I will definitely be happy to repurchase it again in the future! I recommend! I only apply this with a powder brush (I hate using sponges for powder... too made-up!)

6. Ole Henriksen Invigorating Night Gel
SAM_4652
Got this in my little sample set. I have to admit the first time I used it I freaked out-- It gives the weirdest tightening feeling, which I confused with not moisturizing my skin enough, you know what I mean? But I later I realized my skin didn't feel tight because it wasn't moisturized, but it's just an effect from this gel XD This gel smells like vinegar, which I don't particularly enjoy. But I do notice the next day my skin would look really smooth and my pores are smaller (not that they're too big in the first place). One thing I don't like is that it really stings if you have some kind of wound on your skin. Nothing unbearable but... it still hurts T_T
I might consider purchasing the full product. Might. Probably not the best option for winter.

7. Majolica Majorca
SAM_4651
You guys have seen this too many times on my blog... my holy grail mascara. Enough said. The primer I wouldn't say it's holy grail... but since I can't find anything better... I'm sticking with it.


8. Za
SAM_4650
The Za mascara base I won't repurchase. It makes my lashes look kind of white-ish even though I try to cover it with mascara to the best of my ability. Which is too bad because it gives quite a bit of volume. The Impact Lash Mascara is pretty good, I wouldn't mind repurchasing. But I still think Majolica is better.

9. Origins Dr. Andrew Weil Mega Mushroom Skin Relief Advanced Face Serum
SAM_4649
A little sample/travel size. You guys all know how I feel about the Mega Mushroom line-- the BEST for sensitive and irritated skin! I couldn't use anything but Mega Mushroom when my face was breaking out this summer, this was the only skin care that soothes my itchy, red skin. I probably wouldn't repurchase it (as in the full size serum) but that's only because the serum is SO pricey. I will, however, always repurchase other Mega Mushroom products, like the face wash and the face cream. Gonna try the mask next :D

10. Aveda Botanical Kinetics skin firming/toning agent
SAM_4648
I can't even praise this product because I was just too pissed with the bottle. It LEAKS. TERRIBLE. It started leaking when I'm about half way through the bottle. After that it got so messy I was just too eager to get through it. Also the bottle doesn't spray that evenly. Aveda really really needs to work on that packaging for this. Other than that... I really feel no difference using it. The best I'd say it's a moisturizing toner. But then again I always feel like toner is an unnecessary step in skincare.

11. Bath & Body Works Eucalyptus Mint & Tangerine Body Wash
SAM_4646
I have to say I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed this... mainly the scent. Usually not that into citrus scents but I'm getting into it. I think it smells even better in the shower than if you just sniff it from the bottle. Other than that I like how it doesn't give a residue feeling after (some moisturizing shower gels give the feeling that I didn't wash it off properly). Wouldn't mind repurchasing if there's a promotion ^_^

12. Asience Shine Therapy Conditioner
SAM_4645
I remember last year I was obsessed with this conditioner... but this year I wasn't that into it?? I don't know. Maybe it's because I got obsessed with the residue issue. I no longer use any conditioner on my roots/scalp (so I can't tell if this leaves a residue). It was good but honestly if you don't live in Asia, don't try so hard to get your hands on it. Try Aussie Three Minute Miracle, that one is pretty awesome.

13. Aveda Pure Abundance Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner
IMG_4203
I have tried a lot of Aveda products now, and I honestly think this is the best Aveda product to try. This was the shampoo that really got me into Aveda brand in the first place (and the hand/foot creams and loose powder too). I left this at my mom's last year and she didn't really use it, but when I used it again this year, I can really feel the difference again-- my hair does feel lighter and more voluminous after using this shampoo. It cleanses really well and does not leave residue. These has gotten pricier over the last 2 years (but then again everything else did too), so if you can only get one, get the shampoo and skip the conditioner, although I think the conditioner pairs well with the shampoo. I was quite sad when these bottles were finished. Bottom line is I'd very much like to repurchase this shampoo, but it's too expensive so I'm gonna continue to try out other shampoos.

Whew, that was a lot of products. Hope you guys enjoyed this post! Must go study now. Eek!


<3 Frances
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
↑↑↑↑↑ Please don't mind this. Apparently I have to post this to claim my blog on Bloglovin' lol

2 comments:

  1. Study hard! you should try bath and body works aromatherapy products because they are awesome! eucalyptus spearmint especially.. I'd buy it all the time if I'm not cheap :P also the lavender stuff except I don't like it when they mix lavender and vanilla together..

    and the paul mitchell shampoo and conditioner that I got really weren't impressive at all =/

    I gotta study too >"<

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the honey & vanilla one that's from aromatherapy LOL! I liked it =) I bought them for cheap on Black Friday last year =P

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts =) Please provide a link back so I can visit your blog too if you have one =D

Any spamming or advertising will be removed.