About Me

My photo
California, United States
Hi! Thanks for visiting ^_^ My social media platforms: Instagram: meowmier Youtube: http://goo.gl/U5SnNM (formerly under the username francesvlogs but I don't have access to that anymore). I don't really do videos anymore simply because I think blog posts are more informative. Hope you enjoyed your time here! :)

Saturday, November 16, 2013

20% Off Haul from Wholefoods, Beauty.com, and Sephora!

Hi guys,

Ummm... if you can believe it, this haul is even bigger than the last -_-...
I'm actually quite surprised that I haven't seen many haul videos/posts on Youtube/blog =( at least not from the people I subscribed to. I love seeing what others buy!!  Oh well, since I have a lot to share, let's just get right into it ^_^

Wholefoods:
SAM_6597
So Wholefoods was having a 5-day 20% off all Dr. Hauschka's prodcuts, and I jumped! I've always wanted to try out Dr. Hauschka ever since learning about it from Lisa Eldridge, what better time to try out the products? :) I later found out that Beauty.com carries Dr. Hauschka's products too LOL.


1. Dr. Hauschka Eye Contour Day Balm
SAM_6607

SAM_6608

Ingredients:
SAM_6609

SAM_6610
I desperately need a new/good eye cream cuz the fine lines underneath my eyes are getting OUT OF CONTROL. The perks of aging. LOL. Been using it for about 2 weeks now? It's alright, haven't noticed any difference =/ Glad I bought this with discount otherwise I wouldn't think it's worth the price. Also I don't understand why it's called a Day Balm? It's a balm texture so there's a certain ointment/oily quality to it, and I obviously cannot use that under my makeup. I just use it as a nighttime eye cream lol. Some people might not like it for the balmy texture. Also, it doesn't sink in immediately, so for those who don't like having products hang around on your face, you might not like this (but it does get fully absorbed while I sleep, because when I wake up in the morning it's completely gone... or maybe it just got rubbed of?? LMAO).



2. Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream
SAM_6605
I have been using it every day, although I don't feel like I've been using a lot of it, it does seem like it's going pretty fast.

Ingredients:
SAM_6606
I was debating between the Melissa Day Cream and this one, but in the end went for this one because it's described to be suitable for sensitive skin. I don't know about the calming effects, but so far I'm extremely happy with it. It's thick so I like to apply it to my face while my face is still damp to help it spread, but it's super moisturizing and I'm loving the way my skin looks in the morning. I don't know, I feel like my skin has been looking less tired in the morning since using this??? Does that even make sense? lol. Anyway, super happy with this and will be trying the Melissa Day Cream next.



3. MyChelle Capillary Calming Serum
SAM_6600

SAM_6601

Ingredients:
SAM_6602

SAM_6603

SAM_6604
You guys all know about my obsession with my redness in my face lol. I will admit since using oatmeal to cleanse my face the redness in my skin has gone down considerably, but that doesn't stop me from being intrigued by this product XD I really love the scent of this product... it's a very soothing herbal scent, I feel really calm/relaxed whenever I apply this :) However, so far noticed no difference. Also my face always feels kind of itchy after using this??? My face doesn't turn red or break out or anything from this product, it just itches and it goes away after a while. Since I noticed no difference (and it's been about 2 weeks), I will be returning this.





Next, my haul from Beauty.com

Nothing new there, just stocking up on essentials :)

SAM_6628

SAM_6630
Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Face Cleanser and  Skin Relief Face Cream. You guys all know about the gist about my skin sensitivity problem and this is the only product that actually calms my skin (besides natural yogurt mask). If you're on a budget, I would recommend trying out the face cleanser first, because it is quite effective as well. Can't live without this cleanser :P I decided to pick up the face cream as well since I I have used this quite a lot this year and I'm almost running out.


Last but not least, from Sephora:
SAM_6611


1. Clinique Even Better Dark Circle Corrector
SAM_6613

Ingredients:
SAM_6614

Ingredients continued:
SAM_6615
Bought this because my dark circles are also going out of control lol. Although the best solution is probably to just go to bed early haha. Right now I'm using the Dr. Hauschka eye cream and the bareMinerals eye cream I bought a while ago so it will be a while before I get to this eye cream hahahahaha. Or I might just open it and start using it XD

2. YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain
SAM_6622

SAM_6627
Got the colors in 9, 23 and 29.
.
Guys this is probably one of my top 3 exciting makeup items I've bought this year... >.<

I will admit I'm really not a gloss person, and if you've been reading my blog for a while you will notice I almost never use gloss. Lipsticks nowadays have such supreme and moisturizing texture, so I never feel the need to use glosses to make my lips look extra dewy. In fact, a lot of times I feel like glosses actually dry my lips out instead of moisturizing them. Plus not a fan of the stickiness of glosses (my hair always got stuck to my lips when I used to wear gloss haha).

So when YSL glossy stain came out and despite all the rave reviews that followed its "debut," I was just not interested at all. But last month when I went shopping with a friend, she wanted to buy a glossy stain so we stopped by a YSL counter. While she was trying out the colors, I decided to try some on because they looked amazing on her. I literally was not expecting anything but immediately I was BLOWN AWAY. The gloss is not sticky, and does not feel drying at all. That coupled with the amazing colors, I was immediately sold. I walked around the mall for the rest of the day and 4 hours later, the color AND the glossy finish were still there. On top of that my lips still felt moisturized. Fabulous! But I will say if you do eat and drink then the stain/gloss does not last at all. In that respect Revlon balm stains actually last longer than YSL lol because those do last through eating. I never thought I would see the day where I would splurge $34 on a gloss (but I had 20% off =D), let alone 3 at one go. But alas, my friends, it has happened. And worth it. Highly recommend!


3. Phyto 7 Dry Hair Hydrating Day Cream with 7 Plants
SAM_6619

SAM_6620

Ingredients:
SAM_6621
Been wanting to try this ever since seeing Lisa Eldridge talk about this in her favorite hair products/tools video. I have to say, I am SUPER impressed! Kind of shocked at how good it is; the texture just feels like your ordinary cream, but omg it makes my hair SO SOFT, SO SMOOTH, SO TANGLE-FREE. I also only use a tiny bit at the ends of my hair, so hopefully it will last me for a while. Highly recommend as well!


4. REN Rosa Centifolia No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm
SAM_6616

Ingredients:
SAM_6617
Note: The top ingredient is sweet almond oil. Unlike *coughs* Eve Lom, which the top ingredient is mineral oil and lanolin -_-"

SAM_6618
Been intrigued about this cleansing balm ever since Claire mentioned it her her favorites video. Wasn't going to purchase it this time since I'm still working on two cleansing oils, but after trying it out in the store I was like oOoOOooohhhhh O_O+  Super excited for this. It's ridiculously expensive but you only need a little bit so hopefully it will last me for a good amount of time. I also picked up the REN BB cream sample while I was at the store, and I have to say I am super impressed with that too. It has sheer coverage so not what is typically expected from BB creams, but I adore the texture and the feel of it. I'm gonna be good and work on finishing my current 4 foundations though >_<


So that's the end of my haul! What did you guys buy from the Friends & Family sale?? Please do share!


Now onto other products I was contemplating purchasing but didn't end up buying because I didn't like them after trying out samples:

1. Murad Renewing Eye Cream


s769836-main-hero
So originally I was planning on purchasing the Murad Renewing Eye Cream recommended by TiffanyD, since she said it helped with her lines, but I got a sample from Sephora and it broke me out -__- yep, it broke me out around my eyes, also on my cheeks (how did that happen?? LOL). Happy I tried it out first before buying it since it's no good for me.

2. GlamGlow Supermud
s1473735-main-hero
Also another product recommended by TiffanyD from that same video. Also got a sample from Sephora. It's basically a blend of different kinds of acids lol. I will say it helped smoothing the bumpy texture of my nose from the blackheads, but did nothing about diminishing them. Again, happy I tried it out before committing myself to the full-size product. Guess the best treatment for blackheads is just squeeze them out lol.


Now, onto other things on my wishlist but did not end up buying:

1. Dior Rosy Glow Healthy Glow Awakening Blush
s1391564-main-hero
This have been on my wishlist FOREVER ever since I saw it on Jen's blog. But $44 for a blush....... -__-" CANNOT JUSTIFY. This will have to wait until I'm rich LOL.


3. Marc Jacobs Honey Perfume

s1551670-main-hero
If you've read my recent blog posts you knew that I intended to purchase the full size. Well, it was originally on my list, but since I got distracted by the YSL glossy stains O_o I decided to forgo this perfume for now. Yes YSL glossy stain >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> perfume XD Plus I already bought two perfumes this year X_x I don't know, I might not end up purchasing this perfume after all. I still think Dot suits me best :P We'll see if I still like this perfume next year.

3. Dior Creme de Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm

s1223338-main-hero
I'm not sure exactly who I've heard this product from... might be Hollyannaeree?? I can't remember lol I just know I've been seeing this a lot on Youtube lately. It's really funny because sometimes all the Youtube gurus I follow would all of a sudden be talking about/recommending the same products... which makes me wonder if we all watch the same channels? haha.


5. Dolce & Gabbana The Eyeshadow Smooth Eye Colour Quad in Desert 123
s1472778-main-hero
Yep, you've seen this before, and yep, still lusting after it. But I hardly bother with eye shadows on a daily basis... so... will not collect this in a very long time, hahaha. I just like to keep it in my "love" list and admire it XD

6. Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray

s1432061-main-hero
Saw this in Jenn's favorites video and I LOVE the effect it has on her hair! But as I hardly bother with hair-styling... XD Tried it in the store the other day and I feel like it gave my hair more texture/volume??? Maybe because of the sea salt in there drying my hair out???? (although my hair didn't really feel dry, but I read some reviews complaining about how this product really dries out the hair). Might try out the mini size of this eventually. Desperately need volume in my hair LOL.

That's all I have! Man I feel like there are so many product reviews I want to do but time just hasn't really permitted me to do so... =( Bear with me guys. The glossy stain swatches will definitely be coming soon though cuz I'm just way too overly excited about them =P

Have a lovely rest of the weekend guys!

<3 Frances

2 comments:

  1. So many goodies! How does a cleansing balm work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mandy :)
    I think a cleansing balm basically works the same as cleansing oils... you just massage it to your face, then wet it with water to let it emulsify, then rinse it off and follow it with regular cleanser. At least that's how I'm gonna use it (:

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts =) Please provide a link back so I can visit your blog too if you have one =D

Any spamming or advertising will be removed.