Hey hey hey!
So I have a quick impression review for you all (: So the other day when I was making for the purchase for the Urban Decay makeup setting spray, I saw that there was a promotional code for the Benefit They're Real! Push-Up Liner. So I thought why not give it a try? I was kind of interested ever since I saw Claire Marshall's promotional video about it.
"If easy was a crime, she was guilty".... lol trust Benefit to come up with something so cute XD
Just to make this post short, since you can read all about the eyeliner on Sephora, here's the sample sized eyeliner pen!
The new eyeliner comes with a little orange insert that keeps the product contained.
For those who don't know, the concept of this eyeliner is gel eyeliner in a pen form. So instead of having to invest in an eyeliner brush, you simply twist the product out, and with this applicator, apply the eyeliner as if you were using a pen.
For me, it's really hard to get a clean line... for several reasons.
1. When the pen dispenses the gel, it dispenses in a huge "blob". The product does not come out as you draw a line-- essentially you have to use the applicator to maneuver the blob and spread the eyeliner along your eyes. Not easy!
2. The applicator really doesn't go on that smoothy... it doesn't make perfect contact with your eyes, if that makes any sense? If I press harder, the applicator feels sharp and uncomfortable. Not to the point that it hurts me, but why would I put up with it if I have soft brushes that are easier and more comfortable to work with.
3. The applicator is rather stiff, and unlike its advertisement saying it has good flex, it really doesn't. So it's hard to blend out the eyeliner, making the result rather sharp and harsh.
4. Also, if you take a closer look at my lashes... you can see there's some eyeliner gel stuck to it. That was from me trying to line my upper lash line. Definitely does NOT work for that purpose since you can't use the flex pen to work the eyeliner between the roots of your lashes without poking your eyes out.
Didn't try to use the pen to line my upper lash line on this eye so it looks cleaner. I also feel like the pen kind of wipes off the eyeliner if you try to go over it too many times to blend it out, if that makes sense? You can kind of see in both pictures toward the end of my eye the eyeliner has this sheered out, almost translucent quality to it. In other words, it's hard to get the eyeliner to apply evenly.
So I didn't like how the eyeliner looked, so I used some black eye shadows to blend the eyeliner out to get a less harsh look
I don't know if you can see, but as I tried to blend the eyeliner out, since it already kind of dried and set, it flaked off in little bits. After I noticed that I had to be careful with blending with light pressure so I wouldn't disturb the gel liner already laid down.
About 4-5 hours later
Ah, tragic smearing XD So the formula is no good either.
I thought about trying it out again, this time just dispensing it onto my hand and apply with a brush, but I doubt the lasting power is gonna be any different, so I don't think I will bother. Asians beware! Especially if you have the same smudging problem as I do, this is not a friendly formula for those who have the same problems as I do!
Honestly if I were to rate this product, I would give it 0 out of 5. There really isn't anything that I liked about this product and I have no desire to try to practice getting better at using it since the formula doesn't work for me.
Hope some of you found this review helpful! I'm off to bed... zzZZZzz
- California, United States
- Hi! Thanks for visiting ^_^ My social media platforms: Instagram: meowmier Youtube: http://goo.gl/U5SnNM (formerly under the username francesvlogs but I don't have access to that anymore). I don't really do videos anymore simply because I think blog posts are more informative. Hope you enjoyed your time here! :)