About Me

My photo
California, United States
Hi! Thanks for visiting ^_^ My social media platforms: Instagram: meowmier Youtube: http://goo.gl/U5SnNM (formerly under the username francesvlogs but I don't have access to that anymore). I don't really do videos anymore simply because I think blog posts are more informative. Hope you enjoyed your time here! :)

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Autumn Look

Hey peeps!

Can you believe it's October already?! ............!!!!!!!!!!!!! (my ongoing shock XD)
It's gonna be a crazy month for me... hopefully I will make it to November in one piece XD
Does anyone know what they're going to be for Halloween? =) Seen so many awesome tutorials on youtube already!

Anyway here's the much belated autumn look... inspired by beautiful autumn... when I think about autumn I think about maple trees, hence the colors yellow, gold, orange and brown =) (and red but I don't have red so XD)
Photobucket
Can't really see the colors? XD yeah the colors were mega washed out... I was forced to use flash lights actually lol
Photobucket

Items used:
Photobucket
1. Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush lip gloss in "Carriberry"
2. MAC Slimshine Lipstick in "Funshine"
3. Fiberwig mascara
4. Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in "Espresso Ink"
5. Anastasia brow powder in "Medium Ash"
6. Stila Convertible Color/Bronzing Duo in "Marigold"
7. MAC "Fleur Power" powder blush
8. "Half Baked" eye shadow from Urban Decay NAKED Palette
9. "Mad Hatter" eye shadow from Urban Decay Alice In Wonderland Palette
10. MAC orange eye shadow in "Rule"

Close-up on eye shadows:
Photobucket
Half Baked- just a gold eye shadow with more yellow tone
Photobucket
Rule- matte orange shadow :D
Photobucket
mad hatter- just a warm brown :)

1. Apply Half Baked all over lid. I chose gold instead of yellow cuz imagine sun light shining through the yellow leaves... hehe
Photobucket
2. Apply the orange shadow on the outer half of your lid (I kind of start to wonder... what happened to red leaves then?!?!?! O_o?? oops...)
Photobucket
3. No this time we're not applying the brown shadow on the outer corner lol! This time place the brown shadow along the upper lash line. Cuz tree trunks are under the yellow/orange leaves XD
Photobucket
4. Bring the brown shadow to lower lash line
Photobucket
5. Since I'm going for a softer look, I just extend the eye liner without flicking it upward. And I smudged it out really well with the brown shadow so it blends
Photobucket
Then I used a kabuki brush to brush off the fall-outs, and apply foundation, blush, lipstick and gloss =D

Completed look:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
My camera REFUSES to pick up the color!!!! UGHHHHHH. So I had to turn on the flash light... you can definitely see the orange in person, promise. It's not obvious, but it's there =)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
See the orange isn't intimidating at all ^__^

I really like this look cuz it's very warm and very autumn :)
And I hope you guys like it too :)

<3 Frances

12 comments:

  1. Cut simple look! :) Definitely a good fall shade ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect for fall <3

    i'm still looking for the UD naked palette !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I always say that about your makeup looks. lol Loving the color choice. It really speaks autumn. =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple and elegant! The orange color is good! Random question - do you cut your own bangs? it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed! it is very autumy! Love it girl! Sad that the camera washes out the color but luckily you can see it in flash! I love how you used so many colors to create this look! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your hair color!! and yes the make up looks neutral and pretty on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks natural and pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't do orange. I would look like I got a bruised eye. LoLz... I'm still clueless about what to be this year! How about you? Are you going to post some halloween make up ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha... I dunno how much Universal Studios has changed coz it's new here in Singapore.

    You could be a dead gyaru! So you can still have that sweet sweet big doll eyes, fluttery lashes look but have bruises, cuts and blood too. Can save up on costume coz that's easy to dress and you would have no problem with the make up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simple and elegant! The orange color is good! Random question - do you cut your own bangs? it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute blog! =) I'm doing a weekly feature on my blog (watchthesunsett.blogspot.com) called "Dapper Dames" where I feature a new blogger every week and let others know about them & their blogs as well, I was wondering if you'd be interested in submitting? if so, just visit my blog for more info. thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts =) Please provide a link back so I can visit your blog too if you have one =D

Any spamming or advertising will be removed.