About Me

My photo
California, United States
Hi! Thanks for visiting ^_^ My social media platforms: Instagram: meowmier Youtube: http://goo.gl/U5SnNM (formerly under the username francesvlogs but I don't have access to that anymore). I don't really do videos anymore simply because I think blog posts are more informative. Hope you enjoyed your time here! :)

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Edge Meister Review... and Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam and Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascaras

Hi all!

Haven't done a mascara review in a long long time! That's because I'm just making my way steadily through my stock pile of Majolica Majorca mascaras xD For those who have been reading my blog for a while, you all know I've been using MJ since high school/undergrad.... it's been a love affair for almost 8 years now O_o!!

I thought I'd do a review on this MJ mascara today though cuz I think it was a new release from last year??? Or something... maybe there's a newer one since then lol. Anyway it was actually my first time trying it out. I only bought one just because I wasn't sure if I'd love it as much as I love the older formulas.

It's called the Lash Expander Edge Meister.
SAM_3124

SAM_3126
Edge Meister?? What does that even mean?? lol.

SAM_3125
Can we just please take a moment to appreciate how CUTE this pink butterfly design is!!!!! Hahahah I'm so easily excitable.

For Chinese readers... 給中文讀者 =D
SAM_3129



SAM_3127
Like most of MJ mascaras, it also has a double-sided comb feature.

SAM_3128
I never bothered looking at ingredients for mascaras... but here's the list in case you're interested lol.


SAM_3131
You can see this mascara is PACKED with fibers. Immediately I was worried about the fibers flaking off during the day and getting into my eyes X_x

I actually did find utility with the double-sided comb... usually with MJ mascaras I tend to just use the "regular" side, but this one, I found that after coating my lashes using the regular (right) side, I can use the "detailed" (left side) to add the fibers to the tips of my lashes to build length. Although I mostly only do it when I have a lot of time xD  On the packaging though it says the "detailed" side is designed for getting to inner/outer corners/hard to get lashes (I'm not really sure how that works... since the comb is actually wider for the "detailed" side...)  or to add emphasis to the lashes.


Essentially this mascara is marketed for extra lengthening-- 1.3x length to be exact.  Let's see how the mascara works shall we?

SAM_3092
Ayyy! Not bad! It gives a very clean, separated look. I like!
PS: I do have my MJ mascara primer on

Here's better picture.
SAM_3091
I can definitely say this is the most lengthening mascara I've ever used... even more so than the Benefit They're Real! Mascara that I liked so much a while ago. But I do have to use the comb to build the fibers on the tip of my lashes though, otherwise it performs just like any regular MJ mascaras.

SAM_3090

SAM_3084

SAM_3082

Now onto the things I DON'T like about this mascara:
1. It does flake. Just a little. Thankfully the flakes never fall into my eyes, but on average I usually find 1 or 2 pieces of fiber sitting on my cheek or my lower eyelid. Boo! :(  So I have to check in the mirror to make sure I don't walk around showing off mascara fibers lol. Although strangely, I found this mascara doesn't flake as much (if at all) when I don't use my MJ primer.

2. It does make my eyelashes droop... just a wee little. Not too bad though cuz as you can see in the pics, my lashes still have a good curl, I just noticed I do lose a tiny bit of curl when I use this mascara. It's the same with or without my MJ primer, which is kind of interesting. 


My overall thoughts?
Not my favorite mascara cuz I like fuss-free products, but I really really like the lengthening XD who doesn't like some more length in their lashes lol.

Will I repurchase?
I think I will, but I want to try just using this to add length to the tip of my lashes, with regular MJ mascaras underneath. Maybe that will minimize the fall-outs/flaking. I ran out of all my MJ mascaras so I won't be able to test out my hypothesis for a while XD but when I do I will make sure to do an update.

==============================

Now onto some bonus mini reviews XD


Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara
SAM_8423

SAM_3151

SAM_3154

My overall experience/thoughts:

1. Super wet formula, I have to scrape off a ton of it before I can apply it to my lashes, otherwise it gives a very clumpy/messy look. Really have to make sure the wand is "clean" otherwise the finish is pretty clumpy and unflattering.
2. It makes my curled lashes go stick straight. With my MJ primer then it works fine.
3. This is the hardest-to-remove mascara I've ever encountered. Which is shocking cuz my MJ mascaras, which are invincible to smearing/smudging/whatever, aren't that hard to remove (at least with cleansing oil/cleansing cream/cleansing balm). I found that I have to take extra time for wait for this to melt off. Really annoying actually.
4. I don't mind using it up with the help of my MJ primer, but I will not repurchase.



Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara
SAM_3137

SAM_3138

SAM_3140

My overall experience/thoughts:
1. I mentioned on my Instagram for my first impression that I really liked it. But after I used it for a week straight I changed my mind. It makes my lashes DROOP. Even with my MJ primer. It's insane. I really don't know how I got it to work the first time, but it had never worked ever since. Boo!
2. Gives a relatively clean, separated lash look, which I do like. However, the con majorly outweighs the pro.
3. I stopped using it. Now I put it in my on-the-go makeup bag in case I ever have a mascara emergency. Will not repurchase.

That's all for the mini reviews! Hope some of you found it helpful!


SAM_3071
By the way, wearing the Innisfree Long Wear Cushion foundation in these pics, in case you're wondering.

Have you tried MJ mascaras? Do you like them? What's your favorite mascara?

Can't believe tomorrow is already Monday T_T Let's all banish the Monday blues shall we? Fighting~~~ LOL (feel so weird saying it cuz I'm not Korean).


<3 Frances

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts =) Please provide a link back so I can visit your blog too if you have one =D

Any spamming or advertising will be removed.