Sit back and relax and get ready for the longest empties post in history... XD You can tell by the length of this post that it's been forever since I've done one of these O_o Since it's super long I'm just gonna stop blabbing and get right into it!
1. SKIN79 Gold Label BB Cream: I think it's safe to say that it's probably my all-time favorite BB cream. I have used this for years. See my review here. Prob won't repurchase this for a while because I want to try other things, but I still have little samples of SKIN79 BB creams that I still use occasionally as concealers when I have blemishes that I want to conceal and help lighten up.
2. Eve feminine wash: Honestly I didn't even know feminine washes existed until last summer when I stayed over at my cousin's place XD she told me she uses them because it's supposedly more gentle on the sensitive female parts, and it helps reduce odor, so I got a bottle to try. Honestly, I noticed no difference O_O"
3. FDS Feminine Wash: After I finished the Eve one I thought I might try something else just to see if I get a different experience. I don't like this one at all -_- it's a very gel-y formula... and I suppose it's supposed to be moisturizing or whatever... but it always makes me feel like there's a layer of residue... I do not enjoy. Plus the cap of this thing always pop open even though I made sure to snap it shut. I suspect I lost a lot of the product just from that -_- Between this and Eve I definitely prefer Eve, but I noticed no difference from neither. Any one out there has a good recommendation for feminine wash? And what are your general experiences with them?
3. Bath & Boday Works candles in "Frosted Cranberry", "Pineapple Mango" and "Wild Popplies": technically not beauty products, but I thought it's fun to include anyway. Love all these scents! (Obviously, otherwise I wouldn't have purchased them XD). My fav is probably frosted cranberry :) I honestly think the scent is suitable for all year round XD If you like sweet fruity smell definitely check that one out.
4. Wen Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner: I think I'm over Wen products lol. I basically went on a Wen craze because of Claire Marshall because her hair is so so so beautiful. Also at that time I had some hair loss issues so I wanted something gentle (which I later realized it was because of my near 20lb weight loss... it had nothing to do with the shampoo, really) But now I know she washes her hair like every 3 or 4 days... that's probably why it works so well for her. I wash my hair every day and I found that I can't use this on a daily basis because after day 2 or 3, it starts to weigh my hair down, and I made sure I rinse my scalp very thoroughly. So I use this thing about once a week. I have another bottle that I am currently using but after I'm done, I don't think I will be repurchasing any.
5. Aussie 3 Minute Miracle conditioner: Not sure if this is a new "moist" edition because I don't recall ever seeing the word "moist" stamped across the bottle. It doesn't matter though cuz it does the same thing. My all time fav conditioner. Cheap and cheerful.
6. Etude House green tea mask : I got this as a free
sample. It was pleasant! I don't know why that surprised me lol. Maybe
because I kind of only associate Etude House with makeup... not
skincare. But anyway, I enjoyed it! It's moisturizing and brightening.
Won't mind purchasing if it's cheap.
Mamonde mask: When
I saw the mask my thoughts immediately jump to Etude House... the
shape, size, material are exactly the same as the Etude House one (I
used the EH one the night before that's why I noticed it XD), which
makes me wonder if they are sister companies. The serum in the mask has a
white, milky consistency. I enjoyed it but I liked the Etude House one
7.Shiseido Extra Smooth Sun Protection Cream SPF38 PA+++: It was a nice sunscreen. It's pretty creamy (not the runny liquidy kind if that's what you're looking for). I liked it but it's not my favorite. Won't repurchase. I noticed it does have a little bit of oil control.
8. Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer: I finished a small bottle of this, plus this full size one. Let's just say I got sick of this product XD And toward the end I just used it on my body because it expired haha. To be fair it's a nice product, but I just got so sick of it because I had been using it for so long. Plus it's very suffocating for warm weather (also makes me extra oily). It's really only suitable for winter. Will not repurchase.
9. Estee Lauder Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher: It gives matte finish, and it has a slippy feel to it? Kind of reminds me of a silicone primer??? The sample lasted me three days... can't really tell if it minimizes pores
or just the matte finish makes the pores look smaller...lol.
9. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream: I've bought the full-size product before but ended up returning it cuz it didn't do anything. Decided to get a sample to give it a second try. Still didn't do anything lol.
10. Physiogel Lotion: I remember not really fully appreciating this until I had sensitivity issues and my skin was having a mega dry crisis. This and the Origins Mega Mushroom Skin Relief Soothing Face Cream were the only things I could use on my face for a while if I recall correctly. I'd say this is heavy duty stuff... I only used it on a daily basis during that time cuz my skin was just so dry. But I don't think this is suitable for normal/combination skin. Repurchase? Ehhh... probably not for a while as I have other fragrance-free skincare.
11. Lancome Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector: wrinkles> → no change. Pores? → no change (but then again I don't have huge pores to begin with... it does nothing to the pores on my nose though). Eveness? → no change. This thing does have an illuminating pink tint to it though... I wonder if that's where the corrector comes in. Got this with my 100 Sephora points. Will never actually pay for this product. I have tried it several times before just because there were so many rave reviews on this; I was excited to have a decent sample to actually test it out properly, but it's really meh. . On another note... I thought it's interesting the company markets it as LR2412.. when an ingredient has letters and numbers in its name, it means the effects are not established and are experimental. It just goes to show despite all my logic I was still powerless to resist the rave XD
12. SK-II Facial Treatment Essence: Generally this thing does nothing to my skin, although it did help me get through one of my skin crises-- you can read about it here. My skin has been breaking out quite a lot lately and it does nothing to that (heard this is supposed to be a God-send for those who have acne prone skin... and I was getting those random zits with whiteheads embedded in the middle... nope did not help). At most I will say it's hydrating. I still have a huge bottle that I am almost using up... but it's not something I would repurchase.
13. BeautyBlender: I officially retired my old BeautyBlender like months ago XD Call me a hoarder but I felt so attached to it and I couldn't bring myself to throw this away for a while. I did toss it eventually though lol. Love the BeautyBlenders and as you all know, have repurchased.
14. Majolica Majorca mascara primer: you guys have heard me talk about this a million times-- love it, can't get enough!
Maybelline the Falsies: it's meh. What's up with all the rave reviews?? I think it's probably great for ppl who have great lashes to begin with.
Lancome Cils Booster XLsuper-enhancing mascara base: I cannot use this alone as it has zero curl hold and makes my lashes droop. I would apply a thin coat of MJ primer, and apply this over it after it's dried. It gives a nice boost for volume and length. Awful lot of steps but was just trying to find a way to make this product work to use it up lol. Will never spend money on this.
Majolica Majorca mascara: Y'all know MJ makes my fav mascaras
KissMe Heroine Make volume & curl mascara: this mascara really grew on me! Good length even though it was marketed for volume. I've never used it on its own so I have no idea if it has any curl hold. Tried the long & curl one and did not like that one at all (it flakes!) The drawback of this mascara is toward the end it became really dry and applied so clumpy. Can't remember what's the price point for KissMe mascaras... but I think it's more expensive than MJ. If that's the case I prob will just stick with MJ... although I might repurchase another one.
15. Jack Black Lip Balm: I enjoyed but it's not my fav. Mainly like it for the high SPF. Have repurchased.
16. Aveda Lip Saver Lip Balm: Used to be my holy grail, but I found I live just fine without it XD it's a great lip balm though. I have a backup that I'm currently using.
17. Phyto Volume Express conditioner for fine hair: Ehhh... can't remember, must be unremarkable LMAO.
18. Shiseido Eyelash Curler: Obviously I did not use this product up XD but mine broke while I was on my trip in Puerto Rico earlier this year. I have no idea what happened to it... maybe the cleaning lady stepped on my makeup bag or something =_= but I didn't leave my makeup bag lying on the floor... so who the hell knows lol. Anway, it's my fav lash curler. I've gotten so used to this that I found this is a better fit for my eye shape (flat, that is) than Shu Uemura and Kevyn Aucoin. I have tried going back to use my Shu and KA curler... but nope, did not like those anymore XD I think I'm pretty set on this curler for life. Yes have repurchased.
19. Hakuhodo G522 eyeliner brush: This was my all-time favorite eyeliner brush! I obviously repurchased so you guys can see the comparison between a brand new one next to my 5-year-old one (yep... lasted me five years. Good investment). However, I used the past-tense because I couldn't help but notice the new brush feels different... I am not sure, but the bristles weren't packed as well. I found this new brush splays... which is really annoying. I don't know, I just know I am very disappointed. I don't know if I will repurchase it yet... I'm hoping this brush will last me another year or 2 (really not hopeful it would last for 5 years like my old one did, because the quality just isn't up to par), but I think it's time for me to start looking elsewhere for a new eyeliner brush :(
20. Perfect Whip facial cleanser: one of my fav drugstore cleansers :) part of the reasons why it's so awesome because I paid like $3 for it.
21. Philosophy Peppermint Stick shampoo/shower gel/bubble bath: it was a Christmas present lol. I've always adored Philosophy shower gels! They're pretty nice and they don't leave that ick residue feeling after. I have used it as a shampoo and it was nice too. Don't try to use those for bubble bath though... you will probably empty half the bottle before your bath tub starts to bubble (and the bubbles last for like 5 minutes).
22. REN No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm: Okay, I know I said I liked it when I first reviewed this thing, but I changed my mind. I HATED it. Mainly because it REALLY STINGS my eyes. Cannot freaking open my eyes when I use this to remove my eye makeup (no I don't use separate eye/lip makeup remover-- for me, the whole point of cleansing oil/cleansing balm is that they can do it all). It was a torture to use, and frankly, I just started using more than necessary because I was so eager to just use it up and get it over with. This thing is really expensive too. Waste of money. Also, the muslin cloth that came with it just became so filthy so I just tossed it (yes I cleansed it with my face wash every time after I use it). The muslin cloth really isn't necessary in my routine since I always follow up with a cleanser after makeup removal. But if you're not planning to do that, without the muslin cloth, you really can't remove the balm off your face. Thought I should throw that out there in case some of you are contemplating purchasing this-- something to consider.
23. Dove Dry Oil shampoo, Aveeno Pure Renewal shampoo, and Dove Nourishing Oil Care shampoo: Haha man you know I haven't done empties in forever when you see I've already gone through 3 bottles of shampoo O_o but I've been shampooing my hair twice ever since I switched from Aveda to drugstore. I don't know, I just feel like shampooing once doesn't properly cleanse my hair and scalp. Anyhow, these are okay. Just your regular drugstore shampoos, nothing to go crazy over. I prefer the Dove ones over the Aveeno one though.
24. CONI exfoliating gel: My standby exfoliating treatment since undergrad lol. To be honest I think I'm starting to get tired of them. Want to try new products :D But I have 5 or 6 backups... XD oh man. It's just an enzyme/peeling exfoliator... don't go out of your way to get your hands on those :)
25. Anessa Perfect Essence Sunscreen: I didn't purchase this, my cousin gave it to me XD it's super fluid and thin, which I like! This one is supposed to be more hydrating, and there's a gold bottle that's supposed to be oil controlling. I enjoyed it but I won't be purchasing it... want to try the gold bottle :D Oh the formula is nice for smoothing down flakey skin though, thought I would mention that (the only downfall of my Diorsnow UV Shield... it does nothing to help with flakey skin :( )
26. Caudalie Polyphenol anti-wrinkle Defense Serum: the formula is nice and light... it's a pleasant serum, but I didn't notice anything while I used it.
27. Living Proof Thickening Cream: I didn't use it up lol, I tried it like 2 or 3 times. While it makes your hair "feel" thicker when you run your fingers through it, it doesn't make your hair "look" any thicker. Glad I got the sample cuz I'm not tempted to buy the product anymore.
28. Eyelashes Fixer Ex: Didn't finish this... it dried out =( but I think it's the best eye lash glue out there... simply because it dries SUPER fast. No waiting! Hehe. Prob won't repurchase though cuz I'm just so past using false lashes.
29. St. Ives Blemish Control Green Tea Scrub: My fav face scrub =) I believe this was my 2nd or 3rd bottle? Didn't repurchase it this time because I thought I'd take a break from it and try the Apricot one. To my surprise the texture of the two are different! The beads/exfoliants int the apricot one is much bigger/less refines and rougher... I definitely prefer the green tea one. Planning to repurchase after I use up the apricot one!
30. bareMinerals Renew & Hydrate Eye Cream: Ehhh.... didn't do anything. Just used it up it's whatever. You guys can pass on this cuz it's not worth the price. I still yet need to find a good eye cream!
Whew! That's all folks! I feel like I'm getting carpal tunnel from all the typing O_o *flexes wrist and fingers* Have you tried any of these products? What are you thoughts?
Hope you guys enjoyed this post... a nice break from all the foundation reviews yeah? LOL.
Next up will be the Laneige BB Cushion review though LOL.
Hope you guys enjoy the rest of the week. Weekend is almost here!!!
- California, United States
- Hi! Thanks for visiting ^_^ My social media platforms: Instagram: meowmier Youtube: http://goo.gl/U5SnNM (formerly under the username francesvlogs but I don't have access to that anymore). I don't really do videos anymore simply because I think blog posts are more informative. Hope you enjoyed your time here! :)