About Me

My photo
California, United States
Hi! Thanks for visiting ^_^ My social media platforms: Instagram: meowmier Youtube: http://goo.gl/U5SnNM (formerly under the username francesvlogs but I don't have access to that anymore). I don't really do videos anymore simply because I think blog posts are more informative. Hope you enjoyed your time here! :)

Friday, July 9, 2010

Majolica Majorca Mascara Review

Hello hello~

So this will be a comprehensive review for the Mojolica Majorca mascaras :)

What is Majolica Majorca?
It's also known as MJ, it's a sub-brand of Shisedo :)  (戀愛魔鏡)
Also by far my fav mascara brand v ^__^ v I stopped using lancome after I discovered MJ lol.
I believe that high-end mascaras are not necessary at all... drugstore mascaras are just as good.
I've owned 4 MJ mascaras, and one mascara primer. So here it goes!

1. MJ  primer
Photobucket
Photobucket
- Good primer.
- Comb applicator
- Does not contain any lash-benefiting ingredient
- Doesn't weigh lashes down
- Will I repurchase? - Yes!

2. MJ Second Generation Mascara (Lash Enamel) (超激長魔法睫毛膏 第二代)
Photobucket
Photobucket
How this mascara compared to the First Generation (I did have it but I threw it away a long time ago cuz I finished it lol!) :
- Visibly more lengthening than first generation (the first generation advertises for volume-- personally think the second generation does the job as well cuz the fibers are quite thick).
- Great holding power
- Waterproof
- Comb applicator
- Will I repurchase? - Yes!

3. MJ Party Princess Mascara (Lash Gorgeous Wing) (宴會公主)
Photobucket
- This is the only MJ mascara I'd STAY AWAY from!!!!!! It sucks!
Photobucket
- Advertises for the feathering volumizing effect, but this technology actually made my lashes clump more easily
- The fibers in there are extremely easy to flake \___/ HORRIBLE
Photobucket
See the tiny fibers? Horrible idea cuz they just flake EVERYWHERE

- Waterproof
- Great holding power
- Brush applicator
- Will I repurchase? - Hell NO! This is prob the only mascara in a long time that I won't even try to finish... it flakes soo much it's not worth it.

4. MJ Third Generation Mascara (Lash Expander) (超激長魔法睫毛膏 第三代)
Photobucket
Photobucket
- Formula very comparable to second generation MM, except the fibers are finer.
- Great holding power
- Waterproof
- Double-sided comb applicator.
Besides the thinner fiber, I'd say this is the only difference between the 2nd generation. This applicator you can use the smaller comb side to brush out very distinct and thin lashes (some ppl don't like mascara looking thick cuz it'd look clumpy), but you can also flip the applicator over and use the bigger comb side to add more volume/thickness to your lashes. Do I think the brushes make a huge difference? Personally I like thicker lashes, I wouldn't mind either the 2nd or 3rd generation because the formula is almost the same. 3rd generation has the same effect with the 2nd if you use the bigger comb. I can settle for either cuz they're the same price XD
- Will I repurchase? - Sure :)

Photobucket
Naked eye (where are my lashes?!?!??!!??!?!???? LOL!!)

Photobucket
This eye with 2nd generation
*GASP* I see lashes!!! XDDDDDD


The rest with 3rd generation
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

As you can tell... no difference at all XD

So those are my thoughts on MJ mascara! Hope you guys find it helpful :D


<3 Frances

7 comments:

  1. OMG..>__<!! You see lashes! I SEE DOLLY LASHES! your eye make-up is pretty =))
    I wish someone would have given me a warning a couple of months ago before I bought the Lash Georgeous Wing U___U! IT WAS HORRIBLE! Like you said, the small fibres flake everywhere! It even went inside my eyes..=_=; It was my 1st MJ mascara too..what a bad luck!
    Thanks for doing this review! I like the look of the rest of MJ's mascara combs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the review! I've recent heard nice things about the majolica majorca mascara but didn't know about the different types.

    The 2nd generation and 3rd generation masacaras different from the Lash Expander and lash enamel?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wahh >_<. So pretty. Where did you buy it?^^
    ~XOXO Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love MJ products! I remember I use to buy all their liquid eye liner! And a couple of mascara too! I love it and miss it and jealous that you have it! haha ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many lashes =O
    Haha I didn't even know there were so many "generations". Are they all lash expander?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Eyes and good post im following please follow back

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey girl good review... will try the lash expander... thanks..

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts =) Please provide a link back so I can visit your blog too if you have one =D

Any spamming or advertising will be removed.