About Me

My photo
California, United States
Hi! Thanks for visiting ^_^ My social media platforms: Instagram: meowmier Youtube: http://goo.gl/U5SnNM (formerly under the username francesvlogs but I don't have access to that anymore). I don't really do videos anymore simply because I think blog posts are more informative. Hope you enjoyed your time here! :)

Monday, July 12, 2010

Smokey Eye #1 Taupe/Brown

Hey hey!
How's everyone doing?! Hope everyone's been healthy XD cuz I'm not. Been going to sleep sooo late... >_< need to do something about it.
Anywayyyyy... I decided to start a smokey eye series :D Cuz I haven't done a lot of dark looks. And summer time is the perfect time for nightouts... hence when smokey looks come handy XD

Here's the first look! Using brown and taupe! :D


If you're interested keep reading ^_~

Photobucket

Stuff used:
Photobucket
1. Natural Eye palette from Too Faced
2. Copperplate from MAC (LOVE this shade!)
3. Bobbi Brown gel liner in Expresso
4. Victoria Secret lipstick in Spotlight (a sheer nude with a sheen. I'd like to use something more opaque but I don't have any XD)
5. Stila Marigold Convertible Color (to contour)
6. MAC light over dark (for blush)
7. Majolica Majorca Lash Expander

Photobucket
For eye shadow I only used three colors
1. Heaven (Too Faced) (not shown in pic, just  a matte white)
2. Sexspresso (Too Faced)
3. Copperplate (MAC)

Here's how I placed the colors:
Photobucket
"Heaven" for inner corner/tear duct and beneath brow
"Copperplate" over the lid and bottom lash line
"Sexspresso" on outer corner and bottom lash line

The key to this look is building up the colors. I only use a bit of Sexspresso at a time and just keep building the intensity
(and you'd always rather use a little at a time so you wouldn't over-do the colors; you can always build up the colors, but mistakes are harder to reverse).
Photobucket
the color got a bit washed out :T

For eyeliner, I smudged the eyeliner out as I was lining my eyes (just using the eyeliner brush) cuz I don't want the distinct eyeliner; I wanted the eyeliner to blend into the eye shadow. For that reason I didn't do cat-eye or anything =)
Photobucket

Feel free to put on some falsies, I'm just lazy XD
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Forgot to mention I also used MAC Mineralized Skin Finish to highlight my cheek bones

And as usual... camwhore time... XD
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


And... cuz I was bored from posing normal XD
Photobucket
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Hope you guys like it~

<3 Frances

8 comments:

  1. lov€ this mak€-up look ^^ so pr€tty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks pretty natural in photos:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. smokey is always the safe choice for the night and I really like your colour choice! I usually go with 2 colours only but love the 3 colours as well! And ofcause, your camhoring is soooo cute >< Love it! was surpriced at the last one but you are still sooo cute ><
    I've never tried Copperplate from MAC, is it shimmer or mate?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe I love your camwhoring :D I like your smoky look the best because you didn't overdo it...just right! :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey. i just stopped by page... i'm a follower now ! i love your eyelooks. ^^

    and i'm loving the song on your page <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. smokey is always the safe choice for the night and I really like your colour choice! I usually go with 2 colours only but love the 3 colours as well! And ofcause, your camhoring is soooo cute >< Love it! was surpriced at the last one but you are still sooo cute ><
    I've never tried Copperplate from MAC, is it shimmer or mate?

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks pretty natural in photos:)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts =) Please provide a link back so I can visit your blog too if you have one =D

Any spamming or advertising will be removed.