About Me

My photo
California, United States
Hi! Thanks for visiting ^_^ My social media platforms: Instagram: meowmier Youtube: http://goo.gl/U5SnNM (formerly under the username francesvlogs but I don't have access to that anymore). I don't really do videos anymore simply because I think blog posts are more informative. Hope you enjoyed your time here! :)

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Smokey Eye # 3 Navy

Hello~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay so I tried blue smokey eye =P blue is always a tricky color to work with, cuz if not careful, it can end up looking cheap!
Photobucket

If you like this look...  let's start ^_~

Used:
Photobucket
"Heaven" from Too Faced (just a matte white)
Photobucket
"Alice" and "Jabberwocky" from Urban Decay Alice in Wonderland palette
Photobucket
A dark blue from MAC... sorry I don't know what's the shade called. I'm guessing it's "Contrast"?
But any navy/dark blue will do
Photobucket
White Eye Khol pencil from MAC. Any white eyeliner will work. This is optional though
Photobucket
Introducing my new toy =D "M night blue" painting liner from Shu Uemura :)
A navy blue gel liner. This is my first time using it so I can't really say if it's good/bad, will be testing it out :)
1. Heaven on inner corner, underneath brow bone
2. Alice all over the lid
Photobucket
3. The dark blue from MAC all over the lid to darken up the blue, concentrating on the outer corner
Photobucket
If you ask me why didn't I just use the navy blue and skip the bright blue part?
Well if I just used the dark blue eye shadow, the overall look is gonna be very dark that you almost can't tell there's blue. And I like to have a little blue peeking through the darkness =P And having a light blue as the base color also lightens up the blackish blue, enhancing the blue within the color. However that's certainly an option if you don't want to use the light blue, just depends on what look you're achieving. Or you can use less light blue eye shadow as well if you want the look to be darker than what I have :)

4. Add "Jabberwocky" to the outer corner
Photobucket
5. Lastly, the navy eyeliner and mascara puts the whole look together :)
of course you can go with black, but I like how the navy blue liner really blends into the eye shadow, giving a really subtle cat-eye
Photobucket
Photobucket
looks a bit green for some reason? lol!
Photobucket

Photobucket
That's it =)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Was sweating soo much while taking pics... hence the pouty face ;(

Be careful though with blue eye shadow it might make you look washed out. So be sure to use a blush/bronzer :)

That's all! Hope you guys like it lol. Although I'm not gonna lie blue is definitely not my fav color to work with, but I just wanted to try it :P

<3 Frances

9 comments:

  1. super pretty! I love it :)))
    what mascara are you using? it's nice~
    and I like how it turns a bit teal! :p nothing bad about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're good in mixing color! although I'm nowhere near you in mixing and blending eyeshadows, I agree with the light blue part! It gives the navy blue color a new edge to it.
    Real pretty frances! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. the make up looks great!! i love the color!! its very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love blue makeup but I never knew you could do such a cool smoky look with it! ^^ Thanks, I def. wanna try this out :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soo pretty! I like all of your smokey looks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are soo pretty!!!.. and thanks for the sweet comment. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello dear,
    You have such nice crease! I remember u told me u had small eyes too when I said I've got small eyes. Haha... You've got a very much bigger eyes and deeper crease than I do. I love the colours of Heaven and Alice on your lids as they look like yummy candy paddlepop ice cream but as soon as you added jabberwocky, it's smoking!!! Me likey! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello dear,
    You have such nice crease! I remember u told me u had small eyes too when I said I've got small eyes. Haha... You've got a very much bigger eyes and deeper crease than I do. I love the colours of Heaven and Alice on your lids as they look like yummy candy paddlepop ice cream but as soon as you added jabberwocky, it's smoking!!! Me likey! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soo pretty! I like all of your smokey looks!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts =) Please provide a link back so I can visit your blog too if you have one =D

Any spamming or advertising will be removed.