Hello hello everyone!
So this is gonna be a review for the Shiseido Dual Balancing Foundation ^^~ I am gonna include a comparison with the Givenchy Photo'Perfexion Fluid Foundation because I feel like the two are very similar :)
Before I start I just want to let you guys know I always look for very very liquidy foundation because 1. watery foundation is easier to work with, whether you're using fingers or stipling/foundation brushes (leaves least streak marks) 2. watery foundation is less thick 3. have better moisturizing effect :)
So if you don't like watery foundation... you can skip this post :P
Now I don't own this foundation, but I got a sample and I've been using it for almost 2 weeks.
Here it goes! =)
Volume: 1 oz.
SPF: SPF 17
So at Nordstrom, you can ask for this little jar to store your samples (instead of having to keep them into little packets which sucks to use)
*keep the packet so you can keep the shade number! or you can just label the jar lol!
* I like to use samples first before I purchase :) because I don't like to open a brand new product and just return it if I end up not liking it... lol!
You can kind of tell it's very watery consistency =)
Here are the swatches:
So highlights of this product:
- Glides on like water which I love, blends very easily
- Dual balance? Honestly I can't feel a difference so the oil control isn't great
- Medium coverage
- Doesn't smell like anything (which is good cuz some foundations smell funky...)
- Looks a bit powdery????? Not obvious, kind of like how you would look a little bit polished from using any other foundation... but I happen to notice it more because I was switching between using this and Givenchy... so I'd say the finish looks a bit more powdery COMPARED to Givechy.
Now onto Givenchy:
Volume: 0.8 oz.
SPF: SPF20 PA+++
As you can see Givenchy has less product and a lot more expensive T口T
Highlights of this product:
- Glides on like water and blends really well
- Medium coverage
(that's why I said Shiseido is really comparable to Givenchy lol!! the consistency is almost the same, so is the coverage
- Smells amazing... very Givenchy XD the best-smelling foundation ever used
- Awesome pump that has perfect control over the amount (sorry I can't tell you about Shiseido cuz I don't have it)
- Major drawback for me: all the shades I have tried has this orange tint to it :/
See what I mean about the orange tint?
The orange tint becomes apparent when you apply it on bigger areas... especially for me I don't use foundation all over my face, just on areas where I need some coverage, and the tint really makes my face look more orange than other areas where I didn't apply foundation. For this reason I always have to apply the whole face when I use Givenchy :(
My final verdict:
I love the Givenchy formula but I hate the shade (orange tint). I love the Shiseido shade but the formula is not as good. Also The dual balance control doesn't really have any effect on me (I didn't notice any difference between oiliness when I use Givenchy or Shisedo) and for me that should be the selling point of this Shiseido foundation. But aside from that I like Givenchy foundation better because I think Givenchy has finer particles? When I get oily the foundation still looks good, like I would look dewy instead of oily, and it doesn't really cake. But the Shisedo one cakes up just a little bit. Givenchy one I can pull off the day without touching up, but with Shisedo, the slight cakeyness makes me want to touch up.
Givenchy smells AMAZING XD
*** BTW I ALWAYS SET MY FOUNDATION WITH POWDER, SO THE EFFECTS I TALKED ABOUT IS COMBINED WITH THE EFFECT OF LOOSE POWDER AS WELL, NOT JUST SINGLE USE OF FOUNDATION!!
It just really sucks that Givenchy has that orange tint... if I can have the Shiseido shade but Givenchy formula... it would be perfect... /__\
Hope you guys find this helpful~ :)
- California, United States
- Hi! Thanks for visiting ^_^ My social media platforms: Instagram: meowmier Youtube: http://goo.gl/U5SnNM (formerly under the username francesvlogs but I don't have access to that anymore). I don't really do videos anymore simply because I think blog posts are more informative. Hope you enjoyed your time here! :)