About Me

My photo
California, United States
Hi! Thanks for visiting ^_^ My social media platforms: Instagram: meowmier Youtube: http://goo.gl/U5SnNM (formerly under the username francesvlogs but I don't have access to that anymore). I don't really do videos anymore simply because I think blog posts are more informative. Hope you enjoyed your time here! :)

Monday, January 24, 2011

The Body Shop Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask Review

Dear all!

Buahahah I'm just trying to get these out of the way so I can move on to more exciting reviews XD without further ado let's go go go!!!!

The Body Shop Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask 

Photobucket
Price: $22
(I got mine for $11 when it was on sale)

Ingredients:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

From the website:

Best if you want to: Detoxify and deep cleanse your skin with a weekly mask that uses natural ionic clay action to draw out impurities and control excess oil.

Best for: oily/combination skin

How it works:
  • Community Trade bladderwack seaweed and seaweed harvested from the French coast balance skin tone and purify and clarify the complexion.
  • 100% natural clay complex cleanses and revitalizes skin; negatively charged ions act like magnets to draw out dirt and impurities from the pores.

My own thoughts:

- First of all I want to specify that I only use this on my nose where I have a ton of blackheads. 

- It DOES pull out blackheads, but only partially (not completely-- for blackheads that are deeper-rooted, this clay doesn't get them all the way out)

- I would let it sit on longer for better results (usually I just rinse it off once I think it appears dry, but you want to leave it a little longer than that to make sure it's not only dry on the outside; around 25-30 minutes)

- I can see the "holes" of the pore after using the mask (that's how I know the blackheads are only partially pulled out) so it doesn't minimize/shrink pores. After using it everyday for two weeks (told you I'm obsessed with blackheads XD) I had to stop cuz this clay left my pores open! I had to stop using it to let my pores recover to their original state. So now I only use this occasionally.

Overall... hmm... I neither recommend or not recommend it XD it's one of those products you can give it a try or just pass.

Hope it's helpful to some of you~

<3 Frances

6 comments:

  1. hmm.. so its food fir oily skin? i dont really have blackheads..juss uneven oily skin =/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this product and its me and my boyfriend's fav! We use it all over our faces every week. I never noticed that it open my pores but definitely get rids of black heads. It even help to reduced break outs (but when we first time use it, we had massive break outs, but they Body Shop told us its a one time thing to remove the dirt and after that no more break outs!!) Maybe combining it with a toner that helps shrink pores might help! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm.
    I have blackheads but I don't like how it leaves your pores opens :\

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this and i loveeee it!!!! it really does help with black heads and makes my skin feel nice.

    www.badpeachez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer to use a different mud mask for my weekly mud mask day, but I am tempted to try this at some point, I might see if I can get a tester for it, because seaweed toner has been too harsh on my skin before so I haven't tried any of the other seaweed range!

    Kitty x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think its amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts =) Please provide a link back so I can visit your blog too if you have one =D

Any spamming or advertising will be removed.