Buahahah I'm just trying to get these out of the way so I can move on to more exciting reviews XD without further ado let's go go go!!!!
The Body Shop Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask
(I got mine for $11 when it was on sale)
From the website:
Best if you want to: Detoxify and deep cleanse your skin with a weekly mask that uses natural ionic clay action to draw out impurities and control excess oil.
Best for: oily/combination skin
How it works:
- Community Trade bladderwack seaweed and seaweed harvested from the French coast balance skin tone and purify and clarify the complexion.
- 100% natural clay complex cleanses and revitalizes skin; negatively charged ions act like magnets to draw out dirt and impurities from the pores.
My own thoughts:
- First of all I want to specify that I only use this on my nose where I have a ton of blackheads.
- It DOES pull out blackheads, but only partially (not completely-- for blackheads that are deeper-rooted, this clay doesn't get them all the way out)
- I would let it sit on longer for better results (usually I just rinse it off once I think it appears dry, but you want to leave it a little longer than that to make sure it's not only dry on the outside; around 25-30 minutes)
- I can see the "holes" of the pore after using the mask (that's how I know the blackheads are only partially pulled out) so it doesn't minimize/shrink pores. After using it everyday for two weeks (told you I'm obsessed with blackheads XD) I had to stop cuz this clay left my pores open! I had to stop using it to let my pores recover to their original state. So now I only use this occasionally.
Overall... hmm... I neither recommend or not recommend it XD it's one of those products you can give it a try or just pass.
Hope it's helpful to some of you~