About Me

My photo
California, United States
Hi! Thanks for visiting ^_^ My social media platforms: Instagram: meowmier Youtube: http://goo.gl/U5SnNM (formerly under the username francesvlogs but I don't have access to that anymore). I don't really do videos anymore simply because I think blog posts are more informative. Hope you enjoyed your time here! :)

Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream Review

Hello there!

Today's gonna be a review on this mattifying day cream from The Body Shop!
Let's just get started cuz at the moment I'm too lazy to write more intro XD

Photobucket
Usually $16 but I got mine for $8 while it was on sale.



From the website:

Best if you want to: Control shine and achieve a matte complexion with a light, oil-free cream that moisturizes your skin throughout the day.

How it works:
  • Community Trade bladderwack seaweed balances skin tone and clarifies the complexion.
  • Oil-balancing, time-release technology controls existing sebum.
  • Antioxidant Vitamin E moisturizes, nourishes and helps to protect skin against premature aging and environmental aggressors.

Ingredients:
Photobucket
shoot I just realized the ingredients didn't show up too well... well please e-mail me if you want a detailed picture XD
Photobucket
it comes with a lid
Photobucket

Photobucket

My own thoughts:

- May I first point out the product name itself is inaccurate? lol! It's definitely not a cream. It's more like a gel. 
- It DOES mattify my face-- I can feel the difference. The effect is almost similar to using a primer. However the oil control doesn't last all day-- although I look less oily, I still look oily at the end of the day (mainly just my nose).

- Not moisturizing enough/too drying for my cheeks! I don't think this product is suitable for whole face application if you have combination skin like I do...

- Haven't been using this much (if at all haha) cuz the smell is too too toooo strong for my liking! I mean the smell itself is nice, but on my face... me no likey! Usually I like my skincare products not fragranted or just slightly fragranted. Preferably "comfortably" or "elegantly" fragranted if that makes sense XD

Maybe I will give it another chance tomorrow, I feel bad buying this and not using it!

Hope some of you find this helpful =)

<3 Frances

3 comments:

  1. ahh great that you got it on sale then! hehe.. i dont think this product will work out for me since i have dry skin and you said that its drying.. i also have issues w/ scent so.. ehhhh... i do hear good things from their seaweed line all the time.. but i guess just not for me since i have dry skin =S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried their seaweed line before too, it was quite a few years back and I remember the fragrance was very strong back then too... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried their seaweed line before too, it was quite a few years back and I remember the fragrance was very strong back then too... :(

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts =) Please provide a link back so I can visit your blog too if you have one =D

Any spamming or advertising will be removed.