What is "Dolly Wink"?
It's a brand that is created by the collaboration between a very popular Japanese model, Tsubasa Masuwaka (益若つばさ), and Koji.
To be honest, I had no idea who Tsubasa-san is before Dolly Wink came out lol! But after seeing the packaging of Dolly Wink, I decided to give in and give it a try O_O (yes, sucker for packaging right here!)
Anyway, I wasn't gonna try the liquid eyeliner since I read mixed reviews, and liquid eyeliners never worked for me (they always make my eyes water in the sunlight for some reason O_O) but I'm really glad I tried it ^__^
I got mine from JpMon.com
I paid around $15 for it
I really really like JpMon! It's a trusted Taiwanese website that sells only Japanese products. I like it because it doesn't overcharge products like some websites do. Still a bit more expensive than if you get it from the Taiwanese drugstore, but it's not bad (probably only different by 1 USD...). The shipping takes about one week (mostly because of custom check, otherwise it arrives US like within 2 days), and the shipping is very reasonable. The only drawback is that this website is in Chinese, so for non-Chinese/Taiwanese consumers it'd be difficult to shop. However if anyone is interested in buying from the website, I'm glad to translate ^__^ just let me know!
Here's the eyeliner
Very small and slender
- as you can see, it has super fine tip
this is what it looks like on my eyes
- I applied it twice on each stroke to get this intensity, it's a nice black :)
my thoughts on this product:
- I'm really glad I tried it! it's the only liquid eyeliner I've tried that doesn't make my eyes water!
By the way, liquid eyeliner only makes my eyes water if I extend it further like shown in the pic above, for some reason that really irritates my eyes and my eyes would NOT stop watering until the liquid eyeliner's washed off -__-
- the black is buildable and is a nice black
- the eyeliner is easy to use and control. however the fine tip sometimes tickles my eyelid lol!
- the lasting power is good if I use it with the right base :) still smears a tiny bit on the outer corner of my eye but really isn't bad. Once wear this eyeliner out for about 8 hours and there was only minimal smearing on the outer corner of my eye (but it also depends on how much you laugh/your eyes water) Although without a good base the corner will smear on me
- I'm not sure why when I read a bunch of reviews they all said it's not water-proof... well it is (if you look at the packaging picture, on the lower right corner of the package, the blue part says water and sweat proof). And I actually ran it under the faucet for a while and rub it gently, it didn't come off, so it's definitely water proof!
- drawback: no idea how long this thing is gonna last... I have a feeling it's gonna run out super quick. Also, If I curl my lashes after applying this eyeliner, some bits of eyeliner tends to be taken off with the eyelash curler so I will have to reapply it...
-Will I repurchase this? I think so =) ! Although I'm not a big fan of liquid eyeliner for me it's still necessary to have one, and since this is the only one that doesn't make my eyes water, heck yes I'm sticking with it! =D
So moral of this story... still try things out cuz even if it doesn't work for others, it might work for you lol!
Hope you guys enjoy this review :)
- California, United States
- Hi! Thanks for visiting ^_^ My social media platforms: Instagram: meowmier Youtube: http://goo.gl/U5SnNM (formerly under the username francesvlogs but I don't have access to that anymore). I don't really do videos anymore simply because I think blog posts are more informative. Hope you enjoyed your time here! :)