How's everyone??? :) Hope you guys are doing great! Almost done with the Dolly Wink series, hang in there XD
I want to thank everyone who commented on my last post =) you guys are so nice >_< I haven't got around to replying yet but I will =D
Today's post is gonna be two other Dolly Wink products... just decided to combine them since they're in the same category.
So being impressed by the Dolly Wink eye products, I decided to give the nail polishes a go since I was lusting after the colors XP
I want to start off by saying my knowledge for nail polishes on a scale of 1 to 10 is probably only 2 XD I'm not really a nail person because I have very weak nails, if I paint them they would break so easily... for that reason I rarely paint my nails. So anyway, my judgments for what makes a good/bad nail polish might not be that great XD just want to throw that out there.
Okay okay enough of my rambling, let's start =D
Again, I got my Dolly Wink products from JpMon
I paid around $7 USD for each nail product
I don't know why but of all the colors, I really wanted to try the green one >_< my next purchases would probably be blue and purple :P The one on the right is nail-protecting base coat. I have wanted a base coat for a while now since my nails break so easily with the lack of protection
Look how cute it is! there's a bow on the top!
My first thought upon seeing these nail products was... what the heck they're so tiny?!?!?!?! O__O
How they're compared to O.P.I.... -___- like itsy bitsy...
The Sephora OPI contains 15ml of products, while Dolly Wink 4.5ml... so it's relatively expensive for this little amount of product! (My bad though... didn't check the content before I purchased lol)
However the tiny size makes them extra adorable ≧﹏≦ they're just so so cute... I wish they were cheaper...
The bottle is tiny, but the applicator is huge XD
I'd say it's a bit wider and more rigid than the Sephora OPI one. It has a very plastic-y feel to it
So first let's talk about the nail-protecting base <(￣︶￣)/
- I really really like this base! It dries up super fast, like within seconds (before I even knew it lol!)
- Gives a smooth surface
- It does its job (so far I've been wearing this for 1 week and a half). My nails haven't cracked/split yet, which is like a miracle to me, cuz I have the weakest nails ever. Usually I'd be happy if my nails last 1 week without breaking after wearing nail polish lol. It also makes my nails feel stronger (less bendy?)
- I really like it and if it continues to work this well until the end of this month, I will be repurchasing it ^__^
Next onto the green nail polish!
- Deeply impressed by the base coat... I'm a bit disappointed in the nail polish formula
- The formula is relatively dry and thick, like dryer than the OPI one, I kind of wish the formula is runnier
- It is very opaque though! However I had to apply two coats because with only one coat, it doesn't apply evenly
- Takes FOREVER to dry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Urgh the dry/thick formula doesn't bother me as much as this! I painted my nails while I was watching a movie, and after the movie was over, the nail polish still dented a bit when I touch things! the heck?!?!??!??? I think part of the reason though is that I have to apply pretty thick layer
- For me it lasts about 2 days before starting to visibly chip (is that good or bad?) However I do wash dishes and cook and do other house chores almost every day, so that might be why
Here's a video I made for you guys so you can see the products in action for yourself =D I tried keeping the video as short as possible!
So overall I'm not super sure about the nail polishes... I mean I really really love the colors... like I'm seriously in love with the color, but the slow-drying formula just really bothers me, it's like I cannot do anything for at least 30min to an hour when I paint my nails with Dolly Wink, so I'm hesitant about purchasing more (but maybe I will just because I love the colors so much lol!)
Hope you guys found this review helpful =D
- California, United States
- Hi! Thanks for visiting ^_^ My social media platforms: Instagram: meowmier Youtube: http://goo.gl/U5SnNM (formerly under the username francesvlogs but I don't have access to that anymore). I don't really do videos anymore simply because I think blog posts are more informative. Hope you enjoyed your time here! :)